New Madeira Hotel
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
$209
  • Beachfront
$135
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$127
$118
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$70
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshen weekendsea frontstayed here for one nightlocation is excellentreception staffdouble roompier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff are really helpful and friendly. Situated centrally. Good price great breakfast and comfy beds. Cross the road to the beach and the Brighton wheel, 10 minutes from the lanes. Great place! We had a 4 single beds arranged in two interconnecting rooms which was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great loction. The rooms are standard but bigger then i thought and the same go's for the bathroom, nice and clean. The room was alittle dated but ok for 1 night as i paid £35.00 so i wasn't going to moan. (the tv... what tv lol) The thing that is a massive let down is the car parking. On my confirmation it says that there is car parking but limited, nothing about having to pay £10.00 to park there!!!!! All in all i had a good nights sleep.

I have given 4 for the value forgetting the car park.. I think if you have parking then it should be FREE for the guest/s.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked one of the best rooms in the hotel and find it to be very good. The one drawback was it was over the bar area so the noise was not good. The smoking area was just outside below our room so all the smoke wafted in as well as the bad language. Even though the hotel is perfectly sited I would not recommend it to anybody who would like a good night sleep. I was reasurred by staff that the noise would not affect us.Breakfast was in the bar area in the morning, not the nicest of places to have your breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the new madeira hotel this week. Upon arrival we were very dissapointed with the room we were given as we was in a real dark n dingy room with a rather small window looking out over nothing other than the back of the building. The room also had an issue with damp and this was all coming down the wall opposite the bed. After asking the receptionist if there would be any chance of upgrading she said this would b possible and that she would speak with her manager. The upgrade cost us an extra £30 for both the nights we stayed. Which we didn't mind paying as we were given a choice of 2 family rooms. Both much nicer and more luxurious than the first room we were given with a sea view.
A great hotel to stay in if you are just wanting somewhere to sleep and not too fussed about the rooms. However if you make sure your getting a superior room the it isn't so bad.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel as part of a hen weekend. Not really being sure of what to expect, I was very pleasantly surprised. It is slap bang on the sea front, just a stone's throw from the Pier. The room I had was very spacious, with good quality furniture, plenty of storage space for my things, a great tea/coffee/biscuit tray and a wonderful bathroom with a shower and a bath. The room was most importantly spotlessly clean! I didn't have a great view, but as we were simply dumping our bags and off back out, this really didn't matter to me. Upon return, we were greeted with a friendly scurity guard, which made us feel very safe. I had a great night's sleep in a very comfy and cosy bed, unfortunatley my friend could not report the same as she was above the adjoining night club part and was kept awake until very late. In the morning I enjoyed a second hot bath, and took advantage of a very tasty cooked breakfast, which impressively they were able to do as a fully vegetarian option. The lady on reception was also kind enough to allow us to store our bags whilst we went shopping before being collected. All in all, for the price we paid, this far exceeded my expectations. Personally speaking I couldn't fault it, but as mentioned, a number of the party did have a lot of noise from the downstairs club, so it would definitly be worth asking for a quieter room if this would bother you.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the club if late night noise will bother you
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends