We stayed here during the last week of August for one night with two children and needed a family room at short notice.
The New Steine is on the whole a good small hotel in an excellent location. Our room was a good size but I would say in need of a deep clean and redecorate / update (carpet well worn, marks on walls, fabric pictures looking shabby).
In fact you could say the same of other parts of the hotel.....some of the rooms we noticed were very smart and modern, as was the one of the middle floor toilets, where as our room bathroom was tired and old fashioned (and strangely had a set of table and chairs in there !)
Other minor issues were:
- creaky & noisy floorboards in the room above
- beds are not great - too springy
- due to family, no room to have breakfast upstairs (which looked nice), so we were put downstairs in the lower ground floor which again was a bit shabby and unappealing !
- We had an accessible patio/garden area, but it wasn't that well kept and not private.
On a positive note:
- great location
- good deal on the parking which is close by
- quaint and charming
- good breakfast
- staff were friendly and helpful
All in all not a bad place at all, just needs to brought to the same standard throughout, so all guests receive the same experience staying here. Having WiFi would also be useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Steine Hotel is an elegant and fashionable five-storey Georgian Townhouse in central Brighton. With a modern design of hotel that exudes warmth and style, a cheap boutique hotel right in the heart of Brighton city centre, with a hint of French influence, the New Steine Hotel offers exceptional value and cheap rates comparable to most hotels but retains the same level of service as any more expensive hotel in Brighton. New Steine Hotel's facilities and budget are suited to both business travelers and tourists alike who want a hotel in Brighton at the right price.New Steine Hotel is a boutique hotel right in the cultural centre of Brighton. Within a short walk of the hotel are the Royal Pavilion, the Brighton Museum and of course, Brighton Pier and Beach. We would class ourselves as a boutique hotel. Why boutique? Well, we are a small hotel with a difference, offering a personal service at reasonable prices. Contemporary, with lasting appeal, a statement in design that exudes warmth and style, delicious French food, wines and drinks, impeccable service 24 hours a day and original art all around you - The New Steine Hotel is all these things, and more.From the moment you walk through the door to our boutique hotel you are pampered and welcomed. Upon check-in your assistant walks you to your room and explains all the facilities your room has to offer. Throughout your stay staff are on hand to assist with any query you may have, and on check-out (after a hearty breakfast, of course), we will ensure you an efficient and memorable departure, wishing you a pleasant journey and hoping you return again soon. A personalised concierge service is at the guests' disposal 24 hours a day for all requirements and needs and each of the bedrooms has been designed to incorporate comfort with modern needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your New Steine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.