“Absolutely lovely hotel!”

New Steine Hotel
Ranked #46 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
“Absolutely lovely hotel!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My friend and I were her in the end of May for a few days. The hotel was lovely! Just a short walk from the bus station and the city center. Short distance to the beach and the Pier as well.
The room was really big and nice, with a corner bathtub, separate toilet, our own privat backyard with table and chairs! Evendough we were only two, we got a room with one double bed and a single bed. The staff was nice as well :)

Would absolutely recommand you to stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at New Steine Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our terraced room as well as Brighton in general.

I do hope you can return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed June 25, 2012

As a gay couple we decided to have a night in Gay Brighton.
We originally booked in at Gulivers hotel but was told we had been moved to the sister hotel "steins" it was no big deal to us as it was right next door to Gulivers and has the same owners.
We was shown to our double room down in the basement and was very pleased with it as it even had its own private patio area.
We slept very well (the drinking till late helped) we had a full English breakfast in the morning and what a great breakfast it was.
We would definately stay again and would recommend to our friends.
Even the parking was easy and cheap as we paid the hotel £7.50 and got a 24 hour parking permit.
Thanks to everyone who looked after us.
Gary & Arron xx

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do, on occasion, upgrade people from our Gulliver's to our New Steine property, as they are jointly run and located right next door to each other, and I am glad on this occasion that we could upgrade you to our terraced room, of which it appears you enjoyed.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed there with my hens and it was perfect for location, around 10-15 mins walk to the main bars and restaurants and close to the sea. The hotel arranged for us all to sit together downstairs to eat our breakfast together and we were able to use the same private room for my hens to organise a little party before we went out. The triples rooms are large enough but the bathroom is very small with a tiny shower. The only negative is that they need more twin rooms than doubles as they only provided double beds for my friends who would have preferred twins - the question was asked before staying but no one came back to my groups organiser. If you are a hen or a stag the hotel is perfect, if you want a quiet hotel for the weekend I wouldn't suggest it, all of us heard the group of lads that stayed the same weekend coming back at 3am when we were all based in different rooms around the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry if no one got back to you with regards the room allocations - your rooms had been booked with a third party agent and they had been informed by us the exact room arrangements we had available for your booking on this occasion (we do have twin rooms but they were already booked up) so I am sorry on their behalf if they did not commuicate this information to you.

As for the noise disturbance, it is only over a few weekends in the summer that we have groups staying with us, and generally we only accept them at the same time, so as not to inconvenience our independant guest. At most times we consider ourselves a quiet relaxed small Hotel, far enough away from the party goers, but still walking distance to everything,

I do hope you and your party will return and stay with us again in the future.
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

All staff we came across were absoultely delightful and two problems, our television and water were dealt with superbly.
The bed was comfortable and the sheets were crisp, white and beautiful.
Bathroom was very basic - shower, basin and toilet but suited us for the one night.

We were in room 205 and the one window does not offer a great view but it's main problem is lack of double glazing / sound proofing. The noise from the birds and revellers kept us awake most of the night.
As did, the drunken guests who arrived back at 3am and proceeded to talk loudly on the landings for ten minutes or so. Not the fault of the Management but annoying none the less.
Breakfast was adequate nothing more.

£115 is a reasonable amount of money and I know it is probably competeive with the rest of Brighton 's similar establishments but if I am honest, this is woth no more than £90 a night.
I would also like to know how the AA works it's stars out as the rooms are small and basic so i can't see how it warrants such a high award.

Greatest asset, the staff but wold we stay again, probably not.
One point in its favour though, they did allow us to book for one night when most of their contempories were insisting on two as it was a weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you do not feel you would stay again despite enjoying your stay. The room cost, we feel, is very competitive against the rest of the market in Brighton, and at weekends it is more expensive, but we do offer great deals for midweek stays.

As for the noise issues, some rooms do suffer a little from some noise outside, if there is any (as we are situtted away fromt he main run) however our Proprietor is lookng into possible improvements that can be made.

Our AA rating is judged every year and is awarded on the Hotel and it's facilities, and we have maintained our 4 star standard for many year's now.

I do hope you change your mind and choose to stay again as we would be happy to welcome you back.
Manchester
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nice room with en suit and the usual facilities, our window had a great view out to sea and of the square, great breakfast set us up for the day. Easy to find with parking available if your patient although it's on street and metered during the day. We would not hesitate to recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Facing the square for a good view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our property.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed for a single night during the London to Brighton bike ride. The staff were really helpful (directions / maps / local events), and the room was spotlessly clean.
I thought it was great value for money - I had a single room with a shower (toilet was on next floor down), and the veggie breakfast was delicious. Thank you all at New Steine

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us - and I do hope that you also did well in the London to Brighton Bike Ride that weekend.

We hope that you will return to stay with us again soon, for more of a relaxed stay.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My brother and I stayed for 3 nights in a lovely twin room downstairs. We originaly booked for 2 nights but were having such a nice time i asked if our room was free for another. It was already booked but the owner very kindly sorted it out so we didn't have to change rooms. All the staff are very helpful and couldn't do enough for you but not in the intrusive way. My brother has autism so this was much appreicated.

• Stayed June 2012
GulliversNS, Manager at New Steine Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you even extended to stay longer.

We pride ourselves on providing exemplary service and standards and I am so glad that this was the case during your stay.

I do hope you choose to return to us again soon.