“great value and comfort!”

Hostelpoint-Brighton
Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Booked a 6 bed dorm room for myself and 4 friends (we paid extra to book out the spare bed so it was a private room) - only £25 each. Room was clean, comfy, plenty of plug sockets and free wifi ! Bathroom looked fairly modern and clean again! The receptionist was lovely and really helpful and sweet, check in was very simple. You can always go early and store your bags so you don't need to walk around Brighton with a big bag! You are above the bar - but it closes at 2am and we didn't get back until 3 so that was fine! There is a porter you can let you in. Fab location- right by the pier so its perfect. Overall we had a great time- we would definitely return when we have another girly party trip to Brighton!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank ashyberries10

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here on the 17th August 2012 for the weekend. The bar staff were rude and in capable of doing simple things. It took nearly an hour to make a breakfast, then when asked for a refund my money was thrown across the counter at me. Not only that, I came home to find I have been bitten all over by bed bugs along with my room mates. Although its a good location and lively, I would not stay here again and if you want to remain clean and un infected from bed bugs, book elsewhere! P.s I am a travel agent, who has lived in hostel's for over a year throughout Australia so my expectations are not high!

Room Tip: Check reviews and take the majority vote when booking rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emma L
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here over a weekend at short notice while my mates (who'd booked months ago) were based in a plush hotel nearby. You can guess who had more fun :-) If you want a relaxing weekend by the seaside, this isn't the best place to go. If you want to meet people, make new friends, and have a great base for going out in town, there's probably nowhere better! The hostel's cheap & cheerful, but no problems with the rooms - perfectly decent beds, en-suite bathrooms etc - there was a slight mix-up with bookings but the staff were very friendly and helpful. The ground floor is a bar that gets pretty active in the evenings, the basement is a nice little rock club too! Obviously not ideal if you want to go to sleep early, bear that in mind. As for the location, it's a few minutes walk from Brighton Pier, an easy walk inland with restaurants and things to do, and about 15mins walk from the station. So: great for party weekends, brilliant location, don't expect to get too much sleep. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CrickleWill
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here with 7 friends for a long weekend and thought it was great!

It is so close to the pier, a short walk into the main town and comfortable and clean.

Our room was a good size with ensuite which was clean. Even though the hostel in above a bar and a night club we didn't find the noise a problem and we were on the 1st floor with windows open. It's not quiet but it certainly was not loud.

Only reason it did not score full marks was that our door lock was broken and we had to keep being let in constantly. There was only 2 working plug sockets in the whole room.

Aside from that I would stay here again and think for the price you pay it's great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank louisej84
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here with a couple of friends over a long weekend in 2011. It was very cheap, we got a dorm room that fitted all 6 of us which worked out well because we got the room and bathroom to ourselves.The bar downstairs was a LOT of fun! They had these amazing fishbowl cocktails which were delicious and a lot of fun to share with mates. The location was really good, right near the beach and pier, and the nightclubs along the shore. The food downstairs was ok, you got a discount if you were staying. I had a great time here, but probably because I came for a fun night out with friends, if you were looking to have a relaxing weekend on the beach I wouldn't stay here. The people working were pretty nice, they held our bags for us when we arrived early in the morning before check in, and also after we checked out but still had a few more hours to kill before going back to london. We caught the bus from london, and it dropped us off almost right outside the hostel (not that we realised, we had to walk up and down the main street a few times before we figured out this was where we were staying) so great location for that too. I would stay here again if I was looking for another fun weekend out in brighton. Another pro was that it's part of a chain of hostels, so we were given a card that gave us a discount for the next time we either stayed here, or at one if its partners.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelFun249
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night on the 21st July 2012. There are some good and some bad points to this hotel. The good...well obviously the location! The location is unbeatable...only steps away from the pier! The reviews I have read about the noise I think is completely wrong as the music was soooo loud downstairs but I never heard a thing in the room. Drinks and food downstairs was cheap. Now onto the bad well first of some of the staff are completely useless especially the girl who checked us in...we had abit of a complicated booking there were 4 of us checking in on the Saturday, on the Sunday 2 of us were leaving and 4 more were joining the 2 left behind. Due to us booking a 6 berth room we paid the extra to secure it for just the 4 of us for one night so no stranger dangers would be with us...the girl confirmed this and up we trotted to the room only to find someones luggage...down I went to reception when the useless girl said she got it wrong and they were fully booked and had to have someone in their with us (no offer of the extra we paid back!) she did promise us that it would just be the one person in with us so we got ready and went out at about 4ish I arrived home and quietly got in bed not to wake the stranger only to wake up to not 1 but 2 stangers roaming our room when we were promised no more...luckily they both checked out that day and there were no problems with the rest of the party! They apparently had a few more problems with the useless girl who won't be named but overall brilliant time in brighton...would definetly go back to this hostel but only is a room is scured to be private!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed July 19, 2012

To celebrate the end of A levels, 15 of us travelled down to brighton to celebrate. occupied two 8 bed rooms, both good size, bunk beds but fine with us. Reasonable sized bathrooms.

Amazing location, across the road from Brighton pier, 10 min walk from the clubs, 15 mins from high street, shops and restaurants.

Hostel staff really laid back, friendly, made check in and check out really easy.
bar downstairs was cheap, and got discount on food and drink. Food was amazing, massive portions and very cheap!

ONLY fault was windows did not open all the way on first floor as full length windows, room was hot at first buuut was fine after few hours.

Would recommend to anyone, and am returning in September for another few days before Uni!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends