“an awesome experience, a fun and unique place to stay!”
Review of Hotel Pelirocco

Hotel Pelirocco
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We only stayed at Hotel Pelirocco for one night because we had the Betty room, which is a little pricey but we absolutely loved it! Being a Betty Page and all things vintage/retro fan I adored this room in all it's leopard print glory - not tacky, but kitsch and movie star!

I loved everything! The huge floor to ceiling window is beautiful and elegant, there is a small balcony outside to catch some fresh air (or a sneaky cigarette), a great central location just off the seafront which means all the attractions are within easy walking distance.
We particularly enjoyed the bathroom, whilst it's not the most beautiful bathroom, it does have a great double spa bath which we both enjoyed with a few glasses of bubbly and candles (that we provided) there's even a cheeky peep hole cut out of the bathroom door. The little touch's in the room are great not just for fans but for anyone! There's a dressing screen to emerge from in your weekend lingerie, a beautiful Chaise lounge with fluffy pillow, a leopard vanity unit to add a touch of glamour and beautiful framed Betty photos.
The room service isn't your typical service either, instead offering durex products including toys to make your stay special and safe!

The staff really made the stay for us - we had a few drinks in the almost empty bar which has a wonderful brooding but funky atmosphere. After quicky making friends with the barman we were partying into the early hours with him and some friends that arrived - the cocktails were brilliant and very hard to resist - which by the end the lovely barman was giving to us on the house!!!

In a nut shell, i think you have to choose your room wisely here, as some rooms on the website look a little small and tacky. Others are large and opulent, it depends on your budget. But the overall atmosphere, trendy decor and friendly vibe made this a fun and unique place to stay, much better than a bland chain and certainly an experience I recommend. I am definitely returning to the Betty room in the new year.

Thanks Pelirocco! :)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in October it was easy to find was in easy reach of car parking which is a must for brighton.
Down to my review of this quite brilliant hotel,
We arrived approximately 1 hour early to check into our room we had booked the play room as we'd checked out the hotel on the net before we arrived and thought the play room looked like good fun as I said before we were early but that wasn't a problem for the guy on reception and we were told are room was ready.
Down a flight of stairs and into our room a massive built up seating area and large flat screen tv also provided was a ps2 (neither used!)
Then to the bedroom with a massive circular bed mirrored ceiling and pole dancing area...
I don't think I've ever laughed so much as my wife immediately decided to give it a go!!
We then took advantage of the huge bath with a good bottle of bubbly ordered from room service,honestly you could fit a least six in there!!
We found the bed comfortable but my only small and I mean small gripe was it was a bit cold in there
Breakfast was excellent and check out a pleasure
I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers were expecting when staying in this "rock and roll" hotel but my advice would be to ignore any negative reviews and see for yourself we found are stay far more enjoyable than any other chain hotels we've been to in Brighton in the past eight years
Well done pelirocco well be back again and again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

It ought to be easy enough to get an idea of the Pelirocco - so anyone whose surprised by the decor (funky and sometimes rough at the edges) as well as the risque nature of some of the pictures needs to do a little more homework.

The place tries hard and for the most part, it works well, fitting in alongside places like the Carlton Arms in New York (although the Pelirocco is a lot more plush).

The breakfast is seriously good, my only wish is that it was on a little earlier, but that's the smallest of gripes.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jackiematt
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed here for a conference at The Dome in Brighton and was given a sexy double room!!! It was great fun although I was on my own. It is a quirky, fun hotel and near the shops, restaurants etc.
I recommend the Regency restaurant on the corner nearby as the hotel does not do evening meals.
The breakfast was hearty and the cocktails were good. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. It is something a bit different to the average boring hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Good welcome, good size rooms if beds a little soft for me, en suite was large too with no extras within it - also fine by me. A PS3 is there for younger visitors in each room and dvds and games available from reception. Breakfast was ok. don't skimp in buying really cheap orange juice!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was booked in to this hotel by and for work. Looking on the website, i was excited to find out what room I would be in and what it would be like.

The hotel was a little off the seafront and in a good location, when I arrived, I found that there was no reception as such however you are checked in by the bar staff between serving drinks. That said, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The bar downstairs was very funky and looked to be a lot of fun.

When I checked into my room, (room 10 - Mohamid Ali) I was dissapointed by the quailty of the finish and could not help but feel that a great idea had been let down with poor finish and a dirty shower.

The room was very small and I feel a little over priced for the poor quality

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank G60Rallye
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends birthday thinking that it sounded like a fun, funky hotel. Before we arrived we were joking about whether it would be cool and quirky, or whether it would be a sleazy sex dungeon! Sadly, we found that it didn't really live up to our expectations and was more an overpriced, under decorated average hotel. The staff members we encountered were really friendly and helpful and overall the hotel was clean. However, the carpets are pretty old and tatty and the decor of the room left a lot to be desired. We stayed in 'Betty's Boudoir' which was basically a few items of leopard print furniture and some tatty pictures hung on the wall. On the plus side the bathroom had a lovely 2 person jacuzzi bath which was nice and the location of the hotel was just a short walk from the lanes and main shopping centre. Although we enjoyed our time in Brighton and are planning to visit the city again, I won't be staying at Hotel Pelirocco.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple