1,018 results
All reviewsdiana dorspin up parlourthemed roomsrecord playerrock and rollmirrored ceilingdolly partonstar warscurly wurlysrough tradelove roomcloud cuckoo landfun hotelsunken bathquirky hotelround bedregency square
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Its easy to see the huge amount of time effort and attention to detail poured into the creation of the Pelirocco sadly that was some 17yrs ago what is now needed is a major revamp and massive deep clean, this tired hotel is trying to be all things to all visitors, a rock club, cocktail bar and saucy couples retreat which is an impossible combination.
We stayed in the Dianna Dors room, plus points the bed was comfortable with crisp clean linen, bath sheets were lovely fluffy clean and changed on the second day, the bathroom was well stocked with shower/hand gel and tea & coffee facility's - minus points the room was tired and dusty with niether the main door or bathroom doors closing properly, the vanity unit and stool were falling apart and more importantly no electric point near the table meant sitting on the bed to do my hair which is no bad thing apart from the only really good lighting is at the vanity unit! The dressing gowns provided were old with the colour and texture of sandpaper.
The staff can not be faulted all those we met were friendly and polite with every request being met with a smile and a not a problem attitude.
Finally running the gauntlet through smokers when returning from our night out and having to listen to them and the base from the music untill the early hours is not condusive to a romantic getaway.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
pelirocco, Manager at Hotel Pelirocco, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet quite up to our usual high standard. It looks as though the previous review is from the other half so I do apologise to both of you. The Pin Up Parlour is one of our most popular rooms at The Pelirocco and I will pass on these points to our maintenance manager at once.
We personally feel that our hotel works with it's cocktail bar and live music/DJs on the weekend and our guests usually enjoy the events hosted at the hotel, feeling as though it add's to their stay/Pelirocco experience.
If you could please send me an email to alis@hotelpelirocco.co.uk with some information on when you stayed etc I would love to discuss this further.
Warm regards,
Alis - Bar Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Stayed here in the Diana Dors room for 2 nights with my wife for our anniversary. We've stayed in Brighton several times before, specifically in Recency Square so we had a high level of expectation at the price being charged.
Plus points are the staff were friendly, breakfast was tasty and the location is great.
The downside is that the hotel looks so much better in the pictures than in the flesh. The decor is tired, a bit trashy and not at the standard you expect for the cost. If asked to sum up the room I'd say it was something you'd expect Laurence Llewelyn Bowen to do in a 60 minute makeover.
The bathroom door did not stay closed, so when going to the toilet you had to wedge a towel in to preserve any dignity.
If you are going to install a 4" shower head, you need decent water pressure to get a decent shower.
There is a Hollywood style dressing table complete with wall lights - sadly you cannot sit at it has the stool feels like it will collapse at any second. Even if you could there is a limited amount you can do as there are no sockets within reach for hair dryers etc.
There were 2 dressing gowns in the wardrobe but I can only assume this was an attempt at humour - they looked like they'd been there since the 70's and could easily have been used for rubbing down the paintwork they were so rough.
The presence of dj's and live bands does not make for a good night's sleep, and it is irritating to have to barge through large groups of smokers to get in the front door. Obviously this is a known issue as there are signs asking to limit the number of smokers at the door to 3, it's a pity the bar patrons cannot count.

Overall the hotel could do with a total revamp and needs to decide if it is a hotel, a bar or a nightclub - at the moment it is trying to be all 3.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunseeker_John
Reviewed December 3, 2017

I stayed here because I was attending an event at a nearby venue, and Booking.com had a great offer on rooms. I had always thought this would be a great place to stay, and I was not disappointed! I arrived after a somewhat traumatic journey (thanks, Cross Country Trains) to be greeted by a super-friendly lady on reception who made me very welcome and gave me all the information I needed.I had the Muhammad Ali room on the top floor - small but perfectly formed, with lots to look at and as warm as toast - which was fantastic given how cold it was outside. A really nice touch was the bar of chocolate on the tea and coffee tray, which really cheered me up after the awful journey I'd just had. When I got back to the hotel after my night out, there was a band playing downstairs, but once I was up on the top floor I hardly heard a thing - and the comfy bed, along with blackout blinds, ensured that I had a fantastic night's sleep. Sadly I had to leave fairly early the following morning, so had to skip breakfast, but I will definitely try it when I stay there again - which I certainly plan on doing!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2017

My boyfriend took me to Brighton for my birthday as it's my favourite place in the UK. I've stayed in lots of generic hotels whilst visiting previously but never again after going to this hotel. It has such a fun, quirky, friendly atmosphere and completely different to anything else you'll find in Brighton.

The breakfast we had the next morning was the best I've had in a hotel. I had a full English and my boyfriend had eggs Benedict. Both were great. There was a bit of a wait for breakfast as we hit 'prime time' but we didn't mind as the staff were so friendly, kept us topped up with hot drinks and the breakfast was cooked to order. So definitely no complaints from us. The lady serving us also thanked us for being patient and said there was no rush to check out at midday. You wouldn't get that in a chain hotel.

Location is great, 10 minutes from the Pier, 2 minutes from the shopping centre, 30 seconds from a car park. This is my new go to hotel. I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
pelirocco, Manager at Hotel Pelirocco, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Hi there! Thanks for your lovely review :) I think it was myself who served you at breakfast so thanks for your understanding on such a busy morning. We hope to see you again at the Peli! Remember to email us any pics of your stay to be in with a chance of winning a free stay to come back :)
Best wishes & an early Merry Christmas!
Alis - Bar Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2017

The most friendly hospitality I have experienced in many years. This, together with the very high standard of housekeeping and total relaxed atmosphere, makes Pelirocco a destination MUST when staying in Brighton. Incredibly unique and quirky rooms and carefully crafted breakfasts makes Pelirocco stand proudly out as a top rate and fun place to stay. The music and cocktails are a memorable bonus !! Thank You to an Amazing Team
Iain A. Dunblane, Scotland

Room Tip: Some above bar can be noisy ... Book direct with hotel can often include a fab & very extensive compl breakfast in the quieter months
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business