“How cool is this hotel!!”
Review of Hotel Pelirocco

Hotel Pelirocco
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked this hotel through Wowcher, great price and great facilities. Two free cocktails, bacon sandwich for breakfast, what more could you want? Close to city centre and all its amenities. Great hotel with themed rooms, will definately stay there again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Pelirocco for one night on a Wowcher deal, which offered very good value for the room, breakfast and a cocktail. The hotel itself is like many guest houses in Brighton but the room we had - Dollywould, themed on Dolly Parton - was very unusual and had lots of fun features. Downsides to the room was that it was very cold (it was one of the coldest weekends ever in Brighton) and the lighting was appalling - very dim and only one bedside light. Also the tiny mirror in the bathroom was too high for me to see in as I'm only 5ft 1in! Unlike some of the other reviewers we slept very well - the bed was comfortable and the room is at the front so not noisy. The excellent breakfast was served in the bar and was cooked to order. The staff were very helpful and friendly. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would go again on a similar deal but I don't think we'd pay the rack rate.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel for 2 nights mid week as we were seeing olly murs at the Brighton Centre.This hotel sums up Brighton it is very welcoming and very unique we loved our stay.Room was fantastic loved the rockabilly radio the decor was amazing so much detail bed really comfy and room very clean.Breakfast was yummy such friendly staff made 2 feel very welcome we will return.

1  Thank ldebs
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked the Stoli Salon for just the night as a late birthday treat for my partner and I must say, we were both pleased. I will admit, I'm not sure if I was entirely pleased with the price at first, but what made up for it was the crazy theme and how spacious it was. I'm comparing this to the service and look/size of rooms I have paid for in the past (all in London) between £100-150 and none of them excited me like this one did. The receptionist was welcoming and down to earth, which is a plus. The room I had my breakfast (which I thought could have definitely been cheaper) took place in a cute room which had so much character, as did the rest of the hotel. The She Said boutique option was also so daring and fun, you just can't fault a place which provides such a service! Downsides for me was paying £6 for providing toothbrushes and paste (they weren't cheap hotel versions) but I didn't think I wouldn't have to pay, I guess I wasn't used too that. Also, it got pretty warm at times. Overall, you want a fun stay somewhere which doesn't have the cliché fancypants decor, go for it! So recommend this for couple too.

Room Tip: Go for superior room for a bigger bed, makes a difference.
1  Thank Tahsina92
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I booked the Pin Up Parlour (Diana Dors tribute room) for our wedding anniversary. We were delighted with the decor in the room, it was very vampy, kitsch and saucy!!!! However I think the tiny bathroom let the room down... the shower was very temperamental and a bit more of a drip than a shower. It would have been nice to continue the decadent theme through to a nice bathroom with a bath and some fancy fittings!! I noticed a few sharp edges on the cheap looking tiles and a nasty screw sticking out below the sink. The toilet flush/shredder was hideously noisy and it did smell a bit "public loo" at times!!

Parking was easy under Regency Square (£12.50 for 24 hours) and it was a nice 10 minute walk into the main throng of the town. The bar area was fun and the night we were there was very lively. Breakfast was superb, although like previous reviews I do think it should be included in the overnight price.

Overall though we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This hotel is not a luxury stay but it is fun. If you dont go expecting luxury then you wont be disappointed. It is boutique hotel through and through and I thoroughly recommend a Hotel Pelirocco experience.

Room Tip: Pin Up Parlour has a good view and quite quiet even with a party in the Bar. Very kitsch!!!
1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We expected much more.

We should have known better than to have been pulled in by the "glamour" photos on the hotel's website. The reality was dirty tired rooms.

Its possible the rooms looked trendy and nice once but now they look tired and in need of a refit.

At the back of the hotel the rooms were very noisy, both from the public on Preston Street, bars and restaurants emptying their bottles, and from the gangs of seagulls sitting outside the window.

The cleaning was poor, epecially in the bathroom and we even found a pile of dirty towels in the middle of the bedroom when we got back in after a night out.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front will probably be quieter
1  Thank zappafanman
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lovely stay - very relaxed staff - fantastic cocktails - whole hotel was really imaginative however room "Stolin Salon" could have done with a little spruce up - it looked tired. Also a little dusty.
Breakfast was great and the overall feeling was relaxed and easy going. I would go back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family