“Best Place to stay in Brighton”
Review of The Twenty One

The Twenty One
Ranked #1 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Arrived in Brighton to attend my friends's wedding. Most of the wedding party were staying at the Hilton on a special offer deal which I missed - so instead of settling for the Travel Lodge - thought I would try the Twenty One as it had perfect reviews on Trip advisor - and am thankful to say that my partner and I were not disappointed.

Andy and Matt waited for our late arrival on the Friday evening and greeted us with a complimentary red wine - which was well needed after getting lost!...Andy took our bags to the room while Matt gave us a map and pointed out the quickest way to get to the wedding venue which was so helpful as my partner Kevin and I are orientation challenged!!

We stayed in room 5 - which was so cute and cosy.... the room was spotless and had everything you could possibly need including a wardrobe to hang our wedding gear in with enough space so our clothes wouldn't get crushed and a fridge which kept the champagne that we bought chilled - and Kevin over-endulged on the complimentary nuts and biscuits.

After having a lovely sleep - and a lovely hot shower - we went to breakfast where we had a feast. Yoghurt followed by a warm crossiant with jam - and then had a full vegetarian breakfast. There was such a varied choice - you could just have fruit and muesli or opt for full english - cooked to perfection. Could not fault the food or the service. The dining area was very quaint and everyone was friendly - chatting about their trips etc.

We were in and out all day - all the time greeted by the friendly face of Andy or Matt making sure we were getting on ok.

After a fabulous time at the wedding - and after losing an hour from the clocks going forward (Andy and Matt kindly left a reminder in our room), went down to be saved by Matt's great full vegetarian breakfast. Andy said we could take our time before checking out - which we did and at no extra cost.

On leaving had a lovely chat with Andy and Matt, showing them our wedding snaps before we went out to meet the happy bride and groom on the sea front.

I honestly could not fault our stay and will be booking again in the summer - if they have any room...!!

1  Thank Annie-MB
Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed March 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on a last minute decision to go to Brighton. After seeing all the fantastic reviews on here I booked room 6 which was beautiful. From the moment we arrived Matt and Andy were brilliant. They took our bags, hung our coats, got us drinks and sat down with us to go through a may explaining the best places to visit and the best places to eat. They were always thoughtful and helpful, but not pushy, which did make you feel you were staying with friends. The room was immaculate - the tray with chocolate was perfect after the drive!! Everything from the great decor, to the robes, to the fridge in the room was just what we wanted. The restaurant that they recommended (Kemp Town Brasserie) was amazing - really local, cosy with great service and food and was perfect for the kind of evening we wanted. Breakfast the next morning was delicious - everything that you would want and expect and we didn't need to eat again until dinner! We didn't feel rushed and it was nice to have a chat before heading off for the day.
If you are heading to Brighton then don't hesitate to book this B&B - we will definitely be going back!

1  Thank mkmUk
Reviewed March 23, 2009

After reading the fabulous reviews on this website we booked 'The Twenty One' hotel for our Wedding Anniversary and I am pleased to say that everything said was absolultely 'spot on'. When we arrived we were greeted with tea and coffee and a full explanation of the area which we found most helpful. The bedrooms and decor throughout the builing were immaculate. As it was our anniversary Matt and Andy had left us some Chocolates and a bottle of wine which I found most touching. I would recommend this B & B to anyone who wants to stay in Brighton and be Spoiled. The breakfasts were a gorgeous and filled us up until evening. Thank you both for a fabulous and memorable weekend, hopefully we will be back in June.

1  Thank JHMOxford
Reviewed March 22, 2009

A 5 star B&B?? I was expecting a very good stay at the TwentyOne and no more then that to be honest.
But as soon as we had arrived late on Friday evening we where met by the owners who even moved there own car for us to be able to park outside the B&B!!!! Over a nice bottle of beer and a glass of wine for the wife (Free I might add!) we where given a map and told where the best places to visit, shop and eat around Brighton while our luggage was taken to our room for us!

The room its self was very clean, tastefully decorated and well stocked (they even have a bottle opener in the room) The beds are perfect not too hard and not too soft.

Breakfast was another shock! Full english cooked to perfection with crossiants, fruit, cereals, yogurts, tea, coffee and fruit juice if we wanted!!

I have been trying to think of any thing that wasnt great and I am unble to think of anything!!

Overall I wasn't expecting a B&B to be this good - Clearly the best B&B we have ever come across!!!

Thanks for a great weekend and making us feel right at home.

Anneliese and Ashley

1  Thank Gatecliffe
Reviewed March 21, 2009

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the twenty-one - I had previously been with my sister and couldn't wait to return. I wasn't disappointed. The room was beautiful and Matt and Andy couldn't have been better hosts. From the warm welcome to the fantastic recommendations and not forgetting the fabulous breakfast (we never bothered with lunch!!). A beautiful place to saty in a great location with every need catered for - who could ask for more :-)

1  Thank robertandsimone
Reviewed March 20, 2009

arrived at hotel i was greeted by one of the owners who took my bags to my room and told us where everything was taxi numbers etc. we stayed in room 3 the whole hotel is imaculate and finshed beautifully our room had a balcony and a partial seaview i cannot fault anything every detail was perfect even the tray in your room had a large array of biscults kit kats caramals nuts etc bathrobe and slippers a fridge with complementry bottled water dental kit shaving kit and fluffy white towels i think it the cleanest hotel i have ever been to
i have got to say i was so impressed and i could not recomend this hotel high enough cannot wait to go back

1  Thank pinky43
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Its about the little things in life and the 21 gets it perfectly!
It began with receiving a £35 discount on our room (room 8) as it was the last available, they also took on board it was my girlfriends birthday so they welcomed us with a free box of thortons chocolates, a happy birthday card , a balloon and to top it off a complimentary bottle of chilled wolf blass wine to celebrate!
If i were to stay anywhere in Brighton again it would be here.
Matt and Andy are Lovely people and have a genuine interest in making you feel comfortable and relaxed!
The whole place was extremely clean (even to my girlfriends standard and she is like Monica from friends), you never feel rushed and you get a great breakfast before you set off for the day ahead!

If you stay here you really wont be disappointed!

We had a great time!