“Chocoholics paradise!”

The Twenty One
Ranked #1 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Matt and Andy are the best hosts you could find. They are always up for a chat, have a wealth of local knowledge and are simply the best! The place is spotless, the chocolate delights in the room are to die for and you have to stay for more than one night just to appreciate the breakfast menu! We have stayed three times now and will definately be going back
Carole and Robert

Room Tip: Go for room 3 if you can! You can see the sea .....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Twenty One

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Normally I tend to stay in chain hotels like Premier Inn, Holiday Inn etc as they are a known quantity.

Needing to stay a weekend in Brighton, I checked out the Premier Inn and was put off by its seemingly high price and the fact that car parking would cost near 20 quid per day.

Stumbled upon The Twenty One which was cheaper per night and car parking would only be £8 per day, so booked online.

Got room 2, a single room only, but that was ok as I was only staying there by myself whilst visiting a friend nearby.

Arrived there late Friday afternoon and was greeted by the grey haired chap who checked me in and gave me my room key. Rather handily, he then gave me a small map of Brighton and an overview of the local area which was good as my knowledge of Brighton was limited to say the least!

Room itself was nicely decorated, could not fault it in any way. Shower was nice and clean.

Had a full english breakfast both mornings which was nicely cooked. The guy with the darker hair (don't know names) was efficient in taking orders and has a great sense of humour!

There was also free wireless which is always nice.

All in all I would happily stay here again. Has made me re-evaluate my opinion of smaller independant hotels/B&B's. There's a nice personal touch which you just don't get at chain places.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CornishTraveller100
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am rather late in posting this review but i have to say i was knocked out by the amazing quality and service afforded to me by the affable Matt and Andy ! nothing was too much, and every little detail observed and provided.
The food at breakfast was superb, with catering for every need - it couldn't be faulted. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Brighton, with parking provided easily by the boys presenting and providing vouchers!
nice buzzy area - short walk from anything.
A luxurious home from home ....thankyou for making my stay so comfortable!
Christine

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I've just returned from another lovely visit to the 21. Unfortunately as my husband wasn't well I stayed there on my own. I was made to feel so welcome and felt very comfortable. The room - no3 - was just as beautiful as no 6 which we stayed in last time. I was visiting my daughter and her husband who live in Brighton and who'd been travelling away for 5 mths, so it really was a great visit all round. One couldn't wish for better hosts than Matt and Andy . Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Thank you Matt & Andy for a lovely stay with you at the twenty one .

The warmth & Professionalism from Matt & Andy is apparent from the moment you arrive until they wave goodbye as you leave . We were greeted on arrival with a nice complimentary cold beer as they filled us in with their wealth of local knowledge of where to eat and places to see .

We had arrived on a cold November evening & the moment that sticks in my mind was opening the bedroom door on arrival to find a box of Thornton Chocs plus birthday card with birthday balloon on the bed . the bedside lights were switched on and the room was so warm & cosy it was perfect , The bedrooms were spotless as is the whole of the B&B
Our room was a double which had everything you could want for a comfortable stay including crisp white bedding, robes & slippers, lovely selection of toiletries and a huge hospitality tray with chocolate , nuts & crisps etc enough to satisfy any chocoholic & if that's not enough there's also home made rocky road cake at the side of the bed .

Breakfast was great also with top quality fruit selection ( gorgeous blueberries ) and nice cooked selections cooked to order .

I ordered a Birthday cake from choccywoccydoodahs for a friend in our party who also had a birthday while we were there . They didn't deliver but no problem Matt & Andy offered to pick it up for us which was just brilliant " big thank You !!!!!! "

Theres nothing else I can add that hasn't already been said in previous reviews and theres nothing more they can do to make your stay more perfect - thank you both very much -

2  Thank Keaneycal
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the second time weve stayed here, it truly is a lovely b&b with beautifully decorated rooms -en suite- will all mod cons in room.
Breakfast is super - thanks to Matt and Andy for another fabulous stay, there is nothing negative to say about this place - it really is great.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wonderful warm welcome from Matt and Andy from the moment we arrived to when we left . Beautiful room ,spotless and well appointed with everything anyone would need .Great nights sleep and lovely breakfast in the morning . The only down side was having to leave . Would have liked to stay longer , but i am sure we will be back soon.