“Excellent!”

The Twenty One
Ranked #1 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked room 2 for two nights as was working in Brighton. When I arrived all the parking spaces around the B&B had been taken, but this was no issue as Andy jumped in my car and came with me to find a suitable 'park'. Andy and Matt were so friendly and helpful and made me very welcome. Glass of wine at end of long journey, really comfy room (small but perfectly formed), incredible breakfasts and a pile of snacks that I was glad were hidden from view...! I could not fault anything and would recommend this B&B to anyone. I hope I get sent to work in Brighton again as I know where I will be staying!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fhlmitchell
Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Matt and Andy take customer service to the next level. I am so glad we found this great B & B on trip advisor. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Matt whilst Andy went with our friend to park the car. Our bags were taken to our room and we were told to help ourselves to complimentary drinks, which was lovely after a 2 hour drive!
The rooms are SPOTLESS! I am quite fussy and i could not find as much as a speck of dirt.
The rooms have a tray of goodies for if you get peckish as well as tea/coffee making facilities. The tray is restocked every day and included some homemade looking nibbles, a great touch!
The breakfast choice is very good, and tasted fantastic, quite probably the best breakfast i have had.
We were so impressed we will be going back as soon as possible. Couldnt recommend enough.
Well done Matt & Andy, others should learn from you.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 which was lovely and mid price range.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spotless, friendly welcome, wonderful breakfast, the rooms have so many personal touches - like tiffin cake left in your room after a hard days shopping. You cannot fault this place and neither would you want to, Mat and Andy take pride in this place and it shows - well done guys - will definitely come back one day.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is just the best I have ever stayed at.

Got to the venue and was warmly welcomed, bags were taken upstairs while matt and Andy found out more about our visit and gave us a map with what to do and where to go. They directed us to the independent shops but also showed us where the nationals would be. We relaxed in the free bar whilst Andy took my friend to help park his car. Overall this welcome was exactly what you would want but never get from other places

Next the rooms, spotlessly clean, vert comfortable with loads of extra touches which again go above and beyond what I expect. After a great night sleep we went down for breakfast which was one of the best I have ever had. All the food is locally sourced, well good and well presented.

These guys make you feel like a king and it seems that there is nothing they wouldn't do for you. They promote local businesses which I fully support, they know the best places to eat, best places to go

It was such a good visit that we are now looking to return

Well done and keep it up , you have a formula that works

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Thanks to Tripadvisor reviews we chose TwentyOne for our Brighton stay. So glad we did. Other B&B owners should come & stay to see how it should be done!
Clean. Lovely decor. Great breakfast. Plenty of yummy snacks to eat in room including homemade slice...yum!!! Drinks downstairs in fridge. Bottled water in room. Fridge in room with corkscrew & glasses. Facilities for tea, coffee or hot chocolate. DVD's on the landing to borrow & watch in own room. Detailed file of B&B as well as things to do & places to eat etc. Given a map of area with eateries etc marked on map....some that will give 10% discount if you show the map.The location is great. Easy walk to the pier & the Lanes are just a little further. Lots of cafes & restaurants in streets closer to B&B.
Thoughtful hosts (Matt & Andy) who are willing to answer questions you may have. They have parking vouchers (£8) which Andy completed for us to put in our car. Matt kindly took our luggage (3 bags!!....we were travelling for 6 weeks) upstairs for us & bought them down again when we left. They even stored our luggage as we didn't want to leave it in the car the day we left while wandering The Lanes.
Their website is great & you can clearly see the room you are booking & which level of their home it is on. We were in the double room (5) on the second level. It isn't huge but certainly adequate for our stay & simply beautiful. They may not want me to say this, but their site does state a 2night minimum, but if like us, you are only in Brighton for one night, it is worth enquiring if they will take you. Book ahead as I'm sure they book out. We booked months ahead & I know they were fully booked the weekend we were there. I think we were lucky to get the Fri night....someone else must have been staying Sat & Sun.
Thank you to Matt & Andy for a wonderful stay. So much care, thought & love has gone into this B&B. If ever we are lucky enough to visit the UK again we will include a trip to Brighton just to stay at TwentyOne (& shop in The Lanes!!).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandytravels_10
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Myself and Partner have stayed all over Britain and can honestly say this is the best place we have ever stayed.
The hosts Andy and Matt were so helpfull in giving us infomation on the area and where there was nice places to eat and visit.
We stayed in room 8, it is very large and the deco is lovely and spotlessly clean. There are so many extras in room including the I-pad/iron and board/bathroom smellies/DVD player and DVDs but the complimentry flap jacks each day nearly were my favourite until i found the tray of goodies (pictures included) which was filled daily.
Breakfast will set you up for the day and is all locally sourced ingredients. We started with fresh pastries with fresh fruits then had the Full Sussex one day and a BLT bagel the next and these were both gorgeous. I do believe in 2 days at the Twenty One i may have packed on an extra Tyre but it will be worth every extra keep fit class to clear.
The Trip advisor ratings speak for themselves and that is why we booked. We go to Brighton every 2 years and would not entertain staying anywhere else.
Thanks Matt and Andy we just wished we could have stayed longer you have a wonderfull establishment and are excellent hosts.

B&C
X

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I spent a lovely weekend at the 21, Matt and Andy saw to all my needs. Warm welcome, great breakfast, room clean and bright, great location. Couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend this lovely boutique B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo