The Lanes Hotel
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$145
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$141
$85
Blanch House(Brighton)
$122
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$75
$156
$150
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea viewbalcony roomtwo double bedstea and coffee makingsea frontmarine paradegreat view of the pierrecommend this hotelfawlty towersbreakfast was includedplenty of hot waterfamily roombrighton pierreception stafffull englishlove brightonlovely hotel
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am extremely happy i didnt read the reviews before i came to brighton because we wouldnt of stayed here!

We arrived at this hotel at half 12 at night lost trying to find a friend after a random spare of the moment drive from liverpool, after all the help we received from adelaide the night receptionist we decided to book in, we had an absolute scream and nothing is too much! The second day we decided to pick addy up who took us on a tour off Brighton! I have never laughed so much! Customer service is second to none! Reception staff brought us toast to our room, renewed a broke kettle, tooth brushes hand creme! Rooms were brilliant Spaceious and clean, Breakfast was basic but tasty (Thanks Lucy) would definately reccomend and me and channy will be back for Pride! Loved my stay! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank joeylpool58
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel, last weekend, from the 21st till the 23rd of June, with my 2 sons. We were assured of a junior suite with a sea view and what we got was a room with 2 double beds, no view and the tiniest bathroom with a shower my 7-year old scoffed at getting into! Though the room was clean, the receptionist friendly and helpful, the towels were rough and frayed, the windows rattled awfully, the room and hotel were extremely drafty and the mattress/ sommier was so old that I have had a terrible backache since and been twice to see a masseuse.

The breakfast was indifferent- must say, I have never ever seen such watery scrambled eggs!
For a total of 320 pounds, must say that the experience left a lot to be desired. Not recommended AT ALL!

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you are desperate and they give you a huge discount!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jpeate
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for my daughters and her partner as a treat and was really impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, Medina in particular. My daughter was impressed with the room and had a lovely stay.
Thanks to the staff for being so fab.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kay705
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I know you get what you pay for, but the place could be so much more. Great proprty and location.
The staff were lovely and very help full on the whole.
The basement family room was adequte but could have done with some updateing.
But what was really shocking was the breakfast and the staff in attendence. The choice was plastic cheese and ham. Cooked breakfast was very poor with cheap everything- no veggie choice. My friend asked for brown bread and was given two stale sliced of the end of a cheap sliced loaf. The sausages were grim and bacon inedible.The size of glass for breafast juice was rediculously small.
Our second morning we didnt bother!

Room Tip: Dont go into the basement if you can help it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had one night here in May 2013. The room was comfortable and spacious (209).
We had problems with the heating, but the windows opened to cool it down a bit. The tea tray in the room was very basic- one cup of tea each (2 teabags) and it was gone.
The toiletries were just hand wash like you'd have at home. Plenty of hot water as required was a plus point but the shower was too low and too hard to be of much use.

There were some nasty stains on the bedroom carpet, the bed was four poster, but small- I spent the night with my feet hitting the wood at the end of the bed.

Breakfast, which is 50% of the stay was very disappointing. Again no frills and very basic. I managed to get two slices of toast, there was butter and some jams. The rest of the cooked breakfast consisted of beans only. There was no bacon, sausage or egg!
Probably would not stay here again, but did have a lovely sea view.

Inconvenient for the town centre. The photos on the hotel website are not the hotel as I recognise it. It is called the Lanes Hotel, but it is about 1.5 miles from the Lanes area.

Our second night in Brighton, we stayed at the MyHotel in the centre. It was loads better and twenty pounds cheaper per night.

Room Tip: Get a good room in Brighton by staying at the MyHotel in the North Laine area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple