“Despicable”

Andorra Hotel
Ranked #70 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
“Despicable”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed alone for 2 nights for£160, was placed above the kitchen. Room and bathroom seem its not, been clean for weeks. Damp in bedroom and toilet. Paint falling off the wall., stained carpet and room window can't close. No lock to secure and just backs on to, car park and another dump of B&B. The divan bed seem to be at least 20yrs old, the room smell of the food cooking directly below. I suggest pay a bit extra and enjoy. Never stay there it's a total rip off and a dump. Staff pleasant and helpful, don't bother have breakfast. McDonald's does a lot better. Take ur own lining, I'm so glad I always do. It somewhere for clubbers maybe, not for the clean type like myself.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Berkhamsted
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My friend and I enjoyed three nights at this hotel. It has to be taken into account that the prices are extremely reasonable and on these grounds we have nothing but praise. The owners were delightful and full of interesting tales, the rooms were small but spotless. The breakfast was delicious.
I would be very happy to stay in such a friendly, clean and pleasant budget hotel again.

Room Tip: Lower down is better than higher up! Stairs!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was my first trip alone since my husband died in December, so felt a bit nervous. However the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Basic amenities, but clean and good value for money. Lovely breakfast! Would stay there again

Room Tip: Try not to get the top floor, it's a bit of a climb after a full day
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Janet O
North Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in this hotel and would not want to stay any longer. I stayed in room 11 on the 3rd floor. As soon as I checked in it was apparent that there was not a lift. The stairs are steep on some floors with a door you need to open on every floor, this is hard when carrying a heavy case. My room and bathroom were spacious enough but the room was not level, if you had a ball it would role to the front door of the room. In the bathroom there was no bath mat supplied and I slipped in the bath, I asked for one at reception and there was one in my room on my return. The shower was a telephone shower, I had to get wet, then wash myself, not practical with someone with long hair. The bedroom was a bit dated and needed some serious refurbishment but the bed was very comfortable. To my dismay there is only an hour window for breakfast, 8.30 to 9.30, not practical if you have a meeting at 9am. I had breakfast on the next moring which came very promptly, you didn't get a choice of juice, this was just given to you whether you wanted it or not. Toast was also available but there was no choice, just white bread. Everything was brought to you in a friendly manner and quickly. The staff at the hotel were very friendly but the hotel is as I said needs some work done to it. For anyone who has walking difficulties or disabilities I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Lisboa
Reviewed May 27, 2012

After reservation, there was one problem with my flight, I wrote some email for modify or delete the date and no answer at all but they have my credit card information and they take the money for the room without tell me nothing.
I paid for one room without stay there, this probably is right but for me is not honest don't give me answer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
surrey
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Myself and a colleague booked two single rooms from the Brighton website (£40 per room). On arrival the outside of the hotel looked very good. However, there was a very intrusive smell of curry as you entered the building. We then went to see the rooms, these were on the top floor. The overall decor of the property was very dated to say the least. Both rooms were very small room and smelt slightly of smoke, which was concerning as the smell of curry was also still evident in the room. The bathroom was extremely small, and the shower tray looked like you could step through it, also one of the toilet cistern lids had brown packing tap round it. When we came to look in one of the bedrooms, there was a large football sized bulge in the ceiling. We decided to get our money back and find another hotel. I spoke to the gentleman on the counter to tell him that we were unhappy with the hotel and asked for our money back. He seemed very reluctant to give our money back and became very irritable. I told him I understood that we would lose the £8 deposit, and therefore would have expected £72 back. However, on leaving the hotel and checking my refund he had only refunded £67.50. Because it was getting late I decided not to challenge the man, generally because of his attitude. If you do go there and ask for a refund please check the receipt, as I would hate to have this happen to any one else. We then went to the Queens Hotel just down road with I have to say it was terrific.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laura B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This was a great little hotel. The owners were friendly and professional. The location is great, quiet street. The rooms were small and dated, but were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was really really small, so if you were a big person you might struggle. Breakfast the next day was pretty good too. For our purposes, the Andorra Hotel was perfect. If you're looking for a clean, budget place stay the night, would definately recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple