“highly recommend”

The Granville Hotel
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel both on business, I have enjoyed both stays. on my latest stay on the 13th april 2014 for three nights I stopped in the prince room which was fabulous, very spacious. it was very clean and tidy and had a lovely sea view, I have no complaints on the room or the staff, the staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast is fabulous and filling with lots of choice, one morning I had the eggs Benedict with salmon which was absolutely gorgeous then another morning had the pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup, they too where gorgeous also you can have apple juice or freshly squeezed orange juice and also endless mugs of coffee and tea. I don't like UHT milk and they are happy to let me have little jugs of milk to take to my room. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for sea view rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Granville Hotel

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night recently.The downside is parking. There is no carpark at the hotel itself which we hadn't realised. You have to park at the underground park which is convenient but expensive. However, the hotel itself is lovely. We stayed in the Lace room which has a sea view, is nice and spacious and spotlessly clean. The staff on Reception were outstandingly good- friendly, helpful and excellent at their job. Breakfast was exceptionally good and served by very happy, friendly waitresses. I had blueberry pancakes with maple syrup- absolutely delicious and something totally different from what you would expect for breakfast. The orange juice tasted like the oranges had just that minute been squeezed. Also, we had our little dog with us and she was welcomed by everyone. Would I stay here again? Definitely.

1  Thank Cheshirepoppy
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We booked the seaview Pavillion room with Jacuzzi. This was on the fourth floor and had a panoramic view of the seafront including the ruins of the West Pier. The fourposter bed was charming but squeaked with every turn. The traffic was a bit intrusive but a small price to pay for the fabulous view. Staff were very friendly and gave excellent advice about parking in Regency Square. The hotel is within comfortable walking distance of Brighton's attractions. Breakfast was a highlight. Great choice of menu, speedy service, and excellent food.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here for the Brighton marathon weekend and would definitely stay here again. Stayed with my boyfriend and our dog, who was also welcomed! Further to the comment below, dogs were welcomed in the bar area for breakfast not the restaurant, so you have a choice! Staff very friendly and accommodating to any request.

Perfect breakfast for runners and non runners, definitely eat in Smokeys, nice big American portions!

We stayed in the Brunswick Suite, which was perfect with its lounge area and jacuzzi bath for after the marathon! Price was high but guess anywhere in Brighton over marathon weekend would have been.

Would stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the Brighton marathon weekend as we were running it. The front desk lady was lovely but our room was very basic (regency room) for the price that was charged. we were right next to the lift which we could hear all night and there were dogs in the hotel that kept barking and howling! They even brought a dog down into the restaurant during breakfast! Smokeys restaurant food was average. The tex mex was just meat covered in a sauce. Personally we would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Not one to write reviews good or bad I feel compelled to highlight issues with this hotel. Booking a budget B&B in Brighton I wasn't expecting the Ritz but for £120 I was expecting a little more for my money. That aside a room is a room, the location is fine and the bath is big. Right, service...In an ever more competitive market it is necessary for hotels like this to accommodate their guests. The restaurant underneath the hotel (you will smell it first) serves breakfast. When venturing into the grease filled depths for some coffee and toast that I could return I my room with in order to have a relaxing morning at leisure I was faced by a smug looking teenager who informs me that I could take coffee to the room but not food or else they would have to charge room service. I don't actually believe this charge existed but simply the chef and staff didn't want to put themselves out by putting some toast in one of the metallic tubs they send people away with of an evening containing the grease filled delights they peddle. A simple request met with apathy, rudeness and disregarded for customer needs!! After all I was the one who was going to carry the food to the room.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Zdzislaw498
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just enjoyed and excellent stay. Booked this hotel as part of our stay in Brighton to attend my wife's graduation ceremony @ The Dome. Lovely & slightly quirky with adorable staff who could not have been more helpful, specially the receptionist who, regardless the time of day, always had a cheerful welcoming greet. Loved the room (the Brighton Rock) with its huge in room spa bath and excellent view of the sea front.
And not forgetting the food & attentive service in Smokeys, their american style food restaurant - can highly recommend their Armadillo eggs and their wonderful breakfast.
Thank you for being first rate part of our special weekend and will definitely be back for a longer stay.