“Forget the tired decor, it is the service that will get you first!”

The Granville Hotel
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Forget the tired decor, it is the service that will get you first!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Not one to write reviews good or bad I feel compelled to highlight issues with this hotel. Booking a budget B&B in Brighton I wasn't expecting the Ritz but for £120 I was expecting a little more for my money. That aside a room is a room, the location is fine and the bath is big. Right, service...In an ever more competitive market it is necessary for hotels like this to accommodate their guests. The restaurant underneath the hotel (you will smell it first) serves breakfast. When venturing into the grease filled depths for some coffee and toast that I could return I my room with in order to have a relaxing morning at leisure I was faced by a smug looking teenager who informs me that I could take coffee to the room but not food or else they would have to charge room service. I don't actually believe this charge existed but simply the chef and staff didn't want to put themselves out by putting some toast in one of the metallic tubs they send people away with of an evening containing the grease filled delights they peddle. A simple request met with apathy, rudeness and disregarded for customer needs!! After all I was the one who was going to carry the food to the room.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Zdzislaw498

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Biddenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just enjoyed and excellent stay. Booked this hotel as part of our stay in Brighton to attend my wife's graduation ceremony @ The Dome. Lovely & slightly quirky with adorable staff who could not have been more helpful, specially the receptionist who, regardless the time of day, always had a cheerful welcoming greet. Loved the room (the Brighton Rock) with its huge in room spa bath and excellent view of the sea front.
And not forgetting the food & attentive service in Smokeys, their american style food restaurant - can highly recommend their Armadillo eggs and their wonderful breakfast.
Thank you for being first rate part of our special weekend and will definitely be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Me and my husband were booked into this hotel by his work mates as he had to work the weekend. As we got there early I had to loiter in a cafe for a few hours but they made rushed the cleaning of our room so I could get in it early! Very friendly staff, room was lovely and clean even had a spa bath! Also the breakfast and dinner in the restaurant downstairs was amazing! The size and choice of meals was great and we defo don't get that size of meal for the price in Bristol!! Will be staying there again for sure.

1 Thank Kaylee R
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner ended up at this hotel completely unintentionally after having had a bad experience elsewhere in Brighton.

The staff were so welcoming and friendly and helped us out of a bit of a spot.

The room was very nice and clean and a good size the breakfasts were amazing!

Worth a mention is the restaurant below the hotel, the food was incredible and the service fantastic, well worth a visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma B
Newhaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Have stayed many times over the past nine years. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Over the years we have stayed in a number of the roomies ranging from the West Pier, Marina & Noel Coward with sea views to Mrs Fitzherbert, the Beardsley family room and the Preston room at the rear. We have found them all to be comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated. We have recommended this hotel to many of our friends. We have also eaten in the restaurant - Smokeys - on numerous occasions, including work functions and every time have enjoyed the food and service. We came across the Granville by chance and as we have said we have returned every year since -at least two or three times a year for long weekend breaks.

Room Tip: Review their site on Facebook or Twitter
1 Thank Michelle S
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Me and my husband spent a lovely week end staying in Brighton at The Granville Hotel in the Marina room. It was all we could have asked for a nice room with a beautiful sea view, friendly helpful staff and a gorgeous breakfast to set us up for our day. When my husband was originally looking for a hotel to stay at for the weekend he kept coming back to The Granville as it ticked all of the boxes for what we wanted. The sea view, central location, very good price for what it offered and the fact there was a jacuzzi which he liked the idea of relaxing in. I must admit I had a few reservations due to some of the reviews but left it to my husband to decide as he was arranging it all. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and when we got in the room I was really pleased with his choice. We felt relaxed straight away and sat in the comfy seats looking at our sea view, what more could you want. After a good nights sleep we went down for breakfast which was the best vegetarian breakfast i've ever had, my husband enjoyed his meaty one too, there was a great selection. We asked one of the waiters where the nearest supermarket was and he gave us clear directions then a minute later he came over with a map of Brighton town centre and showed us on this and gave us the map which was thoughtful of him. We stayed for two nights and would stay here again and highly recommend it to others. Thanks Granville for a week end of relaxation and escapism.

Room Tip: The Granville hotel has rooms to suit everyones taste. Some rooms are more quirky, the Marina room h...
1 Thank vickyhopper82
Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel stayed in the Noel coward stunning bay fronted room on the seafront with a jacuzzi bath bliss, but the staff really make this hotel everyone of them was friendly and helpful would defiantly return and you must try smokeys the restaurant below lovely food and again fantastic staff

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple