All reviews executive room burger restaurant sea view underground parking british airways brighton seafront sea front old west coffee machine walk in shower would stay again an upgrade very pleasant stay stayed here for one night reception area balcony onsite
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great stay, hotel great. Had a meal in the burger restaurant in the hotel was great. The waitress Bethany was an excellent host thank you. Would recommend this hotel to my friends and family for holiday or just a weekend stay

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to make it a stopover with my two youngest grandchildren and this was as good as any. It was good value for money, clean, very good staff, right on the seafront and bedroom was big. They enjoyed the breakfast too.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here whilst at the TUC conference for three nights .
Basic but clean room , very comfy bed .
On the sea front and near restaurants and some shops the main shopping area is about 10 mins walk away .
The breakfast is good although my poached eggs took 15 mins to arrive so I had eaten most of the breakfast before they came .
All the staff were friendly and helpful especially the breakfast staff .
Would stay again but if I was paying would request a sea view as the one I had was pants !

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hotel is well-located, right on the seafront, but it is a shabby building, with dingy and tatty rooms. The staff were really rather unwelcoming, and even as IHG Platinum Ambassador members we ended up getting a downgraded room rather than an upgrade due to so many issues with the room. Soundproofing between rooms is non-existent, and only a small number have sea views - we looked out over air vents and dirty rooftops.
More like a city Travelodge than a Holiday Inn, not worth the money.

Room tip: Sea view a must, otherwise not worth it
Date of stay: September 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Jamie S,

It's great to hear back from one of our valued guests. Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront.

We try to take care of each and every guest in an absolute best way possible, but I am sorry that this didn't go as well as I hoped it to be. We take pride in offering our guests an engaging place to rest, and I am sorry we are not meeting your expectations with the room upgrade. While I'm glad you found our hotel in a great spot, I understand your stay was not stellar because of the overall condition of the room.

We welcome any opportunity to improve, especially from the feedback we receive from our valued guests. This enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I've brought this to our management's attention to serve as a reference.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Glaiza G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Brighton is a lovely place to visit but our trip was slightly less pleasurable due to the accommodation at the Holiday Inn on Brighton seafront. On arrival the building looked shabby but the staff were friendly and check in was easy. The room was unloved and tatty and apparently we’d paid more for a sea view but the main attraction from the window was the building opposite, with a small glimpse of sea in the corner. The walls are paper thin and unfortunately we had to listen to the couple next door having a massive barney when they arrived home late and then the ensuing conversation the next morning about they’re lack of money. After discussions with reception staff they did confess to receiving complaints regarding the lack of sound proofing and moved us to an end room. Amenities are basic and there is no atmosphere in the bar if you just want a quick drink. Bathroom was very small and cupboard and wardrobe doors didn’t fit properly. We paid £415 not including parking for two nights which is extortionate for what’s on offer and not up to the standard of most Holliday Inn’s.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Madamflutterbye,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay.

We believe the joy of travel is for everyone and it seems that it didn't happen this time. We're saddened to learn your disappointment regarding the room allocation and its poor keeping. I'm sorry to hear about the noise due to inadequate in-room sound proofing. I also recognized that the size of the bathroom didn't match your expectations. What your described is not the experience we want you to remember us.

I shared this with the local ownership and rest assured all you've pointed out will be discussed. I'm certain that necessary actions will be exerted to improve the service.

We appreciate the confidence you've given us and I hope you'll give us another opportunity to make your next visit as seamless possible it can be!

Kind regards,