“Just a average Bar & Bistro”
Review of Koba Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Koba Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A name which falls easily from the lips of just about any in the know Brighton resident, Koba Bar and Bistro is the perfect place for relaxed restaurant dining, lazy breakfasts and, quite simply, enjoying the chilled out Brighton lifestyle. Born from a previously smaller bar, the award winning Koba Bar and Bistro is now a thriving hive of dining and drinking activity, offering three coolly sophisticated bars, a spacious bistro and private dining rooms too, not to mention chichi pavement dining. Koba���s modern but unpretentious look is beautifully understated, put together using tactile, warm materials and focusing as much on comfort as on style. Fully intending to make diners feel good, Koba���s menus are very much influenced by the Mediterranean, offering a range of brunch, lunch and dinner options as well as ever changing blackboard specials. Equally as important is Koba���a drinks list. Known for its cocktails this great bar also provides the best of old and new world wines and a variety of beers.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Just a average Bar & Bistro”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The place is quite nice and welcoming. The staff slow for the service but friendly.
Good coffee and good selection of foodies.
Nice place to have a chat whit friends.

• Visited December 2013

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Excellent Venue for Cocktail Masterclass”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

After looking around Brighton for a place to hold a Cocktail Making Class for my Mother-in-Law's 60th Birthday Girls Afternoon I found Koba and we were not disappointed.
From making the initial booking to attending the class, everything ran smoothly. Our Bartender Tim was outstanding! So friendly, welcoming and ensured everyone had a great time. We had our own private room away from everybody else and the whole party had a brilliant couple of hours. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a Cocktail Masterclass which offers excellent value for money and a great night out!!

• Visited November 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“I've loved Koba for years, but service not great”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

At times I counted 4 empty glasses on our table, and six staff behind the bar. An interesting mathematical situation. Even if every one of them took a glass each, I'd still have two people taking my order! It's safe to say, the service I recieved recently at Koba bar was terrible. The chap who served us was overly enthusiastic, but incredibly slow and forgetful. Will my cashew nuts ever appear? I want service with a smile, not just the smile. We had to ask for a menu, ask for more drinks, and after 90 minutes, after 2 new friends joined us, all our glasses were still on the table! A real shame, as this is a fantastic bar normally. I'm hoping the next review will be back to 5 stars.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Stuart G
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Bar - Lovely Music - Excellent Cocktails!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We came here for the birthday party of a friend! Lovely atmosphere! Friendly Staff! Great Cocktails at reasonable prices!

Merseyside, United Kingdom
“A fine breakfast in a friendly place”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were looking for a late Sunday morning breakfast when we happened on this bistro, run by a team of friendly and busy young men. Great coffee and mint tea. My wife and I shared two breakfast dishes - roast tomatoes on sourdough and poached eggs on sourdough. Couldn't be better!

• Visited October 2013