“The cocktails are worth going out for.”
Review of Koba Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Koba Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A name which falls easily from the lips of just about any in the know Brighton resident, Koba Bar and Bistro is the perfect place for relaxed restaurant dining, lazy breakfasts and, quite simply, enjoying the chilled out Brighton lifestyle. Born from a previously smaller bar, the award winning Koba Bar and Bistro is now a thriving hive of dining and drinking activity, offering three coolly sophisticated bars, a spacious bistro and private dining rooms too, not to mention chichi pavement dining. Koba���s modern but unpretentious look is beautifully understated, put together using tactile, warm materials and focusing as much on comfort as on style. Fully intending to make diners feel good, Koba���s menus are very much influenced by the Mediterranean, offering a range of brunch, lunch and dinner options as well as ever changing blackboard specials. Equally as important is Koba���a drinks list. Known for its cocktails this great bar also provides the best of old and new world wines and a variety of beers.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The cocktails are worth going out for.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

amazing cocktails. great ambiance but very very small. have never eaten here but the food is supposed to be nice.

Visited January 2013

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Okay - but you'd be forgiven for thinking it was an Office!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We popped in for lunch on a week day and thought the food was good if pricey especially the sandwich and chips option. The staff were fine but the visit was rather spoilt for us by being surrounded by people taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi to run their offices from here – tables were full of iPads and Laptops - on our left we had two people, one of which was negotiating to buy advertising space in something or the other - and on our right we had people doing some kind of sales catch up – they all seemed to have been there for a quite a while judging by the empty coffee cups in front of them – rent some Regus space you cheap annoying people!! Maybe the staff could be more proactive in moving these people on!!!

• Visited April 2013
Worth, United Kingdom
“Perfect Surprise Party”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I threw a surprise party for my Husband this weekend at Koba, and it was perfect. The staff were brilliany in the planning and execution of the party. As it was a large party, we ordered off of their preset menu which was brilliant. The food was served quickly and it was delicious. As instructed by staff via email, each guests name was listed and their food order was placed. When staff delivered our meals to the table, they called each persons name out with their accompanying dish. I don't know about you, but whenever I pre-order food for a party, the majority of the time I cannot remember what it is that I have ordered. Having our names called out was a brilliant touch.
I highly recommend this restaurant and will return. I am planning a friends Hen Party for this summer, and will defiantly be returning to Koba for the cocktail making class and the meal! Fantastic dining experience!

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weekend Treat”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had an evening meal here 2 weeks ago, having not been here for well over a year. We were a table of 6 and started in the Cocktail bar, where i would recommend their current special - "London to Brighton" . Then moved to the Bistro on the ground floor, which has appeared since our last visit. The food was good, the staff seemed to be friendly and efficient. There was a nice atmosphere, probably helped by our further choices from the Cocktail list. There was a lot of activity, people here and there. Seems to have remained a popular destination. We had a great evening and would recommend.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JWard89
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, horrific staff”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been to Koba a few times, each time hoping my experience would be better than my last. Unfortunately after my last visit i was so unhappy i had to share my visit so others don't make the mistake of going there.

Upon my first visit after a lovely (yet expensive) roast, my girlfriend and i requested to split the bill and pay on two cards. The response from the grumpy waitress was that she couldn't do this and we should find the nearest cash point to settle amongst ourselves.

My last visit saw the same grumpy staff, who forgot our order, took forever with our drinks, then quite clearly got annoyed with us for asking for two bills, as two of us had eaten and the others hadn't. Along with this they charged us for full price drinks that where on discount on the menu, and added service change to our £13 drinks bill.

Overall the staff seem far to cool to be working their, and don't seem to care whatsoever.

I will definitely not be going back.

• Visited March 2013