“Buzzing”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Having worked abroad for several years, husband & wife team Alun and Dawn Sperring returned to Brighton to find it in the grip of an enthusiasm for Indian food. They found the perfect spot in the cobbled lanes amongst the jewellery and antique shops of Meeting House Lane. The Chilli Pickle gradually but inexorably gained its reputation through word of mouth. As guests returned again and again, we knew that Brighton was ready for an authentic but distinctive experience of Indian cuisine. We gathered together an expert team of chefs with specialisms in a variety of Indian regional cuisines, and our own style became increasingly defined. After two and a half years at Meeting House Lane an unmissable opportunity came our way: a move underneath My Hotel. We're now an established presence on the Brighton culinary trail, but we haven't lost the drive to surprise you with new flavours, now approaching our 10 year anniversary we are very proud of what we have achieved.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Sunday nights are typically quiet when you dine out!?!
Not this place, packed to the brim and I can see why, this is not your usual Sunday night curry,
Amazing atmosphere, warm, buzzing, and the food tingles in your palate! Really creative, tasty and enjoyable to find a innovative curry menu!
Remember you get what you pay for!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,071)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Really different, amazing tastes and flavours, good atmosphere, friendly knowledgeable service. This isn't your typical curry house, and you probably pay a bit more, but the food really is creative, innovative, amazing - definitely the best Indian food that we have ever tasted! Can't wait until our next visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Contemporary setting with an authentic menu of delicious food. The portions are small but very pretty to look at.
If you want something tasty and it's a special occasion then go for it. But at £75 for two courses with a bottle of wine for two of us we will go to some of the other great Indian restaurants that are nearby and better value for our future curry fixes!

1  Thank Restaurantor
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited The Chillipickle for the first time a while ago and I'm so glad we did. Brighton has become a Mecca for wonderful restaurants and this one is definitely one not to miss. We had thalis - gorgeous! The restaurant is very centrally located, the service is great and you actually get to watch your naan breads being cooked. These were the nicest naans we have eaten since we stayed at The Byke in Matheran, India. I had a mango lassi to die for - my favourite fruit and my favourite drink rolled into one - I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

After a stay in My Hotel, we arranged after reading the reviews from this site we decided to give it a whirl. This décor is like a really funky Asian café. Absolutely loved the food, it is as tasty as it looks.
All the menu is reasonably priced, will definitely be visiting the Chilli Pickle next time I am in Brighton.