“Funky decor, really tasty food, well priced.”
Review of The Chilli Pickle

The Chilli Pickle
Ranked #50 of 1,140 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: 8 Years ago when Dawn and I were working in Dubai and she was expecting Stanley, we decided it was time to settle down and shed the expat lifestyle. After working as a chef for over a period of 20 years overseas, gaining experience and knowledge in a range of eclectic cuisines in world class hotels and restaurants with the latter years spent leading kitchen brigades, I felt it was time to "go it alone". Having both traveled to India on numerous occasions with a shared passion for it's food and culture as well as an inspirational stint at 'The Cinnamon Club' and there being a big Indian influence in the kitchens in Dubai which I also embraced, the decision for our future restaurant to be Indian felt very natural to us both and so The Chilli Pickle was born. The last time I worked in Brighton 28 years ago was as a silver service banquet waiter at the Metropole Hotel whilst studying catering at Brighton Tech (now City College). Dawn has always loved Brighton from regular visits whilst living in London and I've always had a soft spot for Brighton and the fact we were doing something quite different we knew it was the perfect place to start. After searching for the right property for nearly a year we found a spot in the cobbled lanes amongst the jewellery and antique shops in Meeting House Lane. The space was perfect. 50 Covers with a real bistro feel to it and a functional but small kitchen space. With an initial slow start The Chilli Pickle gradually grew through word of mouth and the support of our now regular clientele. As we got busier and gained feedback from diners we knew we were on the right track and so our confidence grew and our style became more clearly defined. After two and a half years at Meeting House Lane an opportunity came our way that we felt we could not refuse... A move to the restaurant space at myhotel Brighton. We knew this was a big step for us, but believed we had something special in The Chilli Pickle and had the passion and drive to continue to make this work along with the constant support of our original core team as well as some new additions. After 4 years in our new venue we have gone from strength to strength. The restaurant has grown in reputation nationally as well as locally with numerous awards and most importantly we continue to welcome our regulars back and enjoy meeting new customers. We also provide The Chilli Pickle Canteen - a delivery service offering a unique experience of in-home Indian dining. Bespoke boxed Grand Thalis, Railways Trays & Biryani Sets all inspired by our travels to India. We are very proud of what we have achieved and are excited about the future. We will retain our standards all the way with attention to detail, consistency and a love for what we do. Alun Sperring Chef/Director
Rochester, Kent, United Kingdon
“Funky decor, really tasty food, well priced.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

After a stay in My Hotel, we arranged after reading the reviews from this site we decided to give it a whirl. This décor is like a really funky Asian café. Absolutely loved the food, it is as tasty as it looks.
All the menu is reasonably priced, will definitely be visiting the Chilli Pickle next time I am in Brighton.

• Visited November 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“Not your average...”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went after a night out, middle of the week so it was quite quiet but that didn't stop excellent and unusual food - not your usual laundry list of Tikka's and Korma's - being served in a friendly an congenial atmosphere. If you g=fancy something a bit different then you're not going to be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
London
“best curry in town”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

stayed at myhotel, had great time and they suggested chilli pickle next door: great food, great service, best curry ever had in my life, def. not the indian takeaway

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Indian with a difference - modern and interesting”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The taxi driver I used recommended this restaurant to me whilst working in Brighton for a week. I tend to do a bit of research when I'm away to make sure the recommendations I get are real.
I actually found this restaurant while I was doing a bit of exploring and I'm glad I did.

The service was very attentive, the food was a delight and the choice was a mix of familiar and new. The hot food still had tremendous flavours coming through. The kedgeree starter was so creamy. The Indian wine from the Nasik Valley was really worth a glass as I'd not experienced Indian wine previously. Do also try one of the range of lassi drinks.

I'll be heading back here when I'm next in Brighton.

• Visited November 2013
essex
“Amazing food”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Love this place, the food is so good and it is good value. I had the mutton curry which I have had before, it is very hot, has some really good flavours.
Really recommend trying chilli pickle

Visited November 2013