“Worth a visit for the lobster” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of D'arcys

D'arcys
Ranked #834 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit for the lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had Saturday evening in the restaurant it
is just like sitting in a little cottage sitting room
very small but pleasant.
The staff are relaxed and pleasant you dont have
to wait for long for anything in fact you could feel
slightly rushed but I am sure if this was mentioned they
would take the courses a little slower.
The starter I had of crab coctail was slightly lacking the
crab but very tasty. My partner had king prawns which were
slightly lacking the King ! but nice enough.
The main is what we go for the lobster thermidor so tasty and
quite a large size.
The bill was quite a lot but we said next time we would give the
starters a miss as our honest thoughts are they are overpriced
for what you get.
Do not be put off though the mains are great.

• Visited November 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Tiny restaurant, but what a pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just had lunch here. The staff are delightful, warm and friendly. Had the Mussels, there were some of the best I have ever eaten, the rich, cream, wine sauce so delicious, that I am still thinking about it...Highly recommended

• Visited October 2013
glasgow
“great fish and chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Popped in for lunch and both had cod and chips! Really felt like fish and chips but didn't know what to expect just picking somewhere at random! Especially as was in breadcrumbs and I prefer a light batter! Needn't have worried, extremely lightly breaded and so soft with big chunks of white cod and chunky chips and very reasonable too! Recommend! Friendly service too!

• Visited October 2013
New Eltham
“Great Price and very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went on a Rainy Saturday night before a concert - we were made very welcome and we sat at a lovely table for 2 in the back room. It is a very tiny restaurant - we had the 2 course meal which for the price was excellent. I had the home made lentil soup and my husband had the pate - we both had the Cod Mornay. I came out of their feeling that I had had a reasonable dinner for a reasonable price. Would certainly go again if looking for quick service, good warming food and pleasant staff. THANK YOU

• Visited September 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Like a box of chocolates - not certain what you are going to get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having not read the reviews before eating at this resturant these reviews brought a smile to my face. Like others on here we had not booked in advance and took a chance with the charm of the place and the fact that other people were eating in the resturant. Now its not often that we get a chance to eat out without the children so just being out was a bonus.

We were greeted by the older lady and given a small table in the front part of the resturant and was made to feel welcome. We were offered drinks and the menu promptly. I have to say there was a good choice on the menu and the size of the fish dish that was brought out for another diner looked promising. I decided on the crab starter which was very nice followed by the steak which I have to say was cooked to perfection and tasted great. My wife ordered the fish pie and she was very happy. We did not stay for coffee or desserts and paid a resonable priced bill.

Ok the decor of the place is not brillant compared to more modern resturants and yes service with a smile goes a long way but the lady was polite and did make us feel welcome so all in all an average experience but the food was good. This was on a Saturday evening around 9pm.

• Visited September 2013