“Fantastic Place, Marvellous Hosts”

No. 27 Brighton Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
Arlesey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place, Marvellous Hosts”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

As owners of our own B&B, we are always interested when we have days away and choose not to use the big hotels. In 27, we found an absolute winner of a B&B.
it began when I received a text message saying our room was ready and enquiring about parking requirements. Upon our welcome we were met by Alan and Ollie who are two of the nicest people you could meet. They have the balance of attentiveness and leaving you to your own devices just right, and nothing was too much trouble at all.
The property is finished to a very high standard and is spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was a sheer delight with top class ingredients beautifully presented.
If you are coming to Brighton for a short stay, avoid the faceless chain hotels and give 27 a call, you will not be disappointed. Thanks Alan and Ollie - Mark and Maria

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ALandOL, Owner at No. 27 Brighton Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Brighton. It is always great to look after other owners of B&Bs and chat with them and we really are pleased you enjoyed your stay here. Hopefully we can come visit you one day?
Alan & Ollie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sometimes you think twice about reviewing a place purely for selfish reasons that others might find the same bit of heaven and book it out. 27 is run by a delightful couple Ollie and Alan have created this perfect spot to stay and unwind. I'm single and wanted a place to relax from some heavy conferencing in Brighton. I chose room one which is this lavishly decorated garden room straight down the hall from the front door so thank god no stairs. I chose a cooked breakfast which was from local produce and was simply perfect. Please do check this place out it is a real find its so fine you to will want to keep it for yourself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to review us. Ollie and I try our best to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us and we are so pleased you did.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This B & B is a great base for central brighton and the link onto cycle paths. The hosts Ollie and Alan are two of the most lovely people you could meet and from the minute you arrive they can not do enough for you. The breakfast, cooked by Alan is fantastic and plentiful, whilst Ollie is 'front of house' with a fab sense of humour! The house has been beatifully furnished and the use of space is clever. Nice smellies and fluffy towels and bathrobes greet you in the bathroom and don't forget the very comfy bed. Eating out was eclectic and not in obvious places you need to hunt about.Our favourite was "The Town House" which is down the road from '27' and turn right and a few hundred yards along on the left. Don't be put off by the piano bar thing as it's not too intrusive and the seafood and service is second to none. If you are staying at 27 for more than a couple of days probably better to go for one of the larger rooms where you have your breakfast served to you. However this does mean you will miss out on the banter in the breakfast room so it depends whether you want the luxury of room service or the great company of Alan, Ollie and Poppy the dog. Thank you both for everything and for making us so welcome.

Room Tip: We had room three which was lovely but on the small side for a longer stay. Does back onto the garde...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to review us. Hopefully on your next visit you will choose one of our bigger rooms at the front. We are aware our rooms are compact at the back of the house and fully understand your comments.
Northolt, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the lovely Ollie. Such a lovely personality. He made myself and my husband feel like we were old friends. Ollie and Alan were very informative on the right bars, clubs and restaurants to visit. Everything is in walking distance and trust me I'm not a fan of walking. The room we stayed in (room 2. King double en-suite) was fresh and clean. Sheets felt lovely, the bed was very comfortable sleep on. Beautiful Ollie brought breakfast to our room, which was prepared by Alan, I give him a thumbs up. I looked forward to having breakfast. I have travelled around and I can honestly say I haven't had a breakfast quite like theirs. Alan & Ollie you have found a fan. xx

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ALandOL, Owner at No. 27 Brighton Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
And what a lovely hat you had!! Thank you for your lovely review. Ollie and I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Hopefully we can look after you on your next visit to Brighton. We are so pleased you enjoyed what we offer, this makes it special for us when our guests enjoy our product and service.
xx
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We found this great little b&b online and we weren't disappointed its fantastic the two guys who run it are lovely,nothing's to much trouble for them and they cook a great breakfast. You won't be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi guys. Many thank for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you both have a fantastic time touring through Europe! Enjoy!
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

From the moment I stepped out of the taxi, I knew I made the right choice. I was immediately taken care of by a smiling and happy Ollie. I was ushered into the lovely establishment and welcomed like I was an old friend! Such a lovely surprise, as being a solo female traveller, I often get mediocre service - but not with this team! Ollie and Alan are absolutely the BEST hosts I have ever encountered in my travelling life. Absolutely immaculate, stylish and welcoming.

I really needed a nice break in Brighton, and I tell you, this wonderful little gem hit the mark on every count. Lovely rooms, nice little touches with gorgeous décor, they even have their own 27 version of Brighton rock! I have paid a lot more at other places and certainly received a whole lot less.

Quiet, friendly, funny, caring hosts Alan and Ollie made my stay absolutely wonderful. Yummy made to order breakfast was lovely. The bathrobe was heaven and the bed was great. I was really happy with my choice this time, as you can tell. I will be returning without question.

It is minutes walking to the seashore, about 10 minutes to the Brighton Pier - don't have the hotdogs there, they're awful. If you're coming in by train, the taxi ride is short and about £5. Walking distance to the Royal Pavilion and a plethora of restaurants and lots of other wonderful shops. Your amazing hosts will happy direct you and give you a handy map of the area.

If you're on the fence about this, please don't be. You will be treated like the royalty you are.
Ollie and Alan are the epitome of what hospitality is about. I can't wait to return. I will not stay anywhere else in Brighton, unless I go to my cousins house. Seriously, book now. Do it, you'll thank me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pixie1
Thank you very much for all your kind words in your review. Ollie and I are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was lovely meeting and chatting with you and we really hope you will return and stay on your next visit to Brighton.
Take good care
xx
Sidcup
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A lovely reception when we arrived. we were given snacks , water and a map. Took our cases to our room. Room was clean and the sheets were lovely. We each had a robe and tea coffee were provided with bottles of water. Before I arrived I asked for an iron in my room so we could go straight out it was there...Ollie and Alan were so helpful even lending us a brolly when it rained. We were also given vouchers for the big Wheel on the beach. The breakfast was so tasty and well presented. The only down side was our toilet was down the stairs which I think that is why you get robes. I would definately without a doubt stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate you doing this. Hopefully you will return and stay with us, which would be lovely. We do have en suite rooms in the house along with rooms that have separate private toilets, all of the room descriptions on the websites and booking agents clearly explain the location of toilets and facilities in the rooms, thank you for highlighting this for future guests.