“THE place to stay In Brighton”

No. 27 Brighton Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Huddersfield
“THE place to stay In Brighton”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is so much more than a B&B. You are given a warm welcome, courteous service. Scrupulously clean everywhere. A lovely home filled with antiques and great attention to detail. The breakfasts are delicious - freshly cooked to your own order, served in a delightful dining room. The hosts Alan and Ollie are charming and most knowledgeable about where to eat/drink in Brighton. The rooms at the front are the most desirable being more spacious and recently updated.Location could not be better.
Really good choice of toileteries and the white cotton bedding was perfect. Even towelling dressing gowns in the wardrobe. These guys think of everything!
We thoroughly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brendan D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights last weekend and what a place! The guys that own it are just fantastic. Alan cooks the best breakfast and this is served by Ollie, that has just the best sense of humour.

Our room was very well decorated and had more than you needed.....right down to fluffy dressing gowns. The toiletries were so fresh we simply had to visit Pecksniffs and buy some to take home.

Thank you very much for a great stay in Brighton, you made our stay so special and we will be telling everyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My fiance and I arrived here on 2nd June for 2 nights to go and see the fatboy slim concert I booked for her as a Christmas present. I booked 27 on the basis of past reviews, prime location and looking a bit special. We booked in about 4, and waş greeted with a big smile and handshakes from Alan, and a map of brighton. Whatever questions we had for him were expertly answered and time wasting waş not an issue. Onto the room. It waş spotless and the bed waş top quality and so comfy, which is very rare, and iv stayed in top rated hotels througout the world. Breakfast waş top notch, and ollies people skills were so comforting without being overpowering. Whatever the problem you had it waş dealt with the upmost class. Well done gents on a wonderful establishment, we hope to be back some day, love James and nicola xx

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

As I write this review I am lying in my lovely comfy bed in the single en-suite room at 27. I arrived here on 2 June for the weekend and was very lucky to get this reservation having booked back in January!

I read the reviews beforehand and these just made me look more excited to my stay here. I found the location easily enough as I have been coming to Brighton every year for the past 10 years or so.

Alan and Ollie are a very warm funny couple who made me feel so welcome as soon as I stepped through the door and I felt instantly at ease especially for a woman travelling on her own. Their full English is to die for and I ate this in my lovely furnished room.

I really can't fault this establishment and wish I was here for a few more nights! I will certainly miss ths comfy bed and all the other special touches that Alan and Ollie have put their hand to to make 27 so perfect. My only regret is not having found 27 sooner.

• Stayed June 2012
Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

From the minute you arrive here you can tell its going to be good. The guys that own it, alan & Ollie welcome you into their home like you are a friend. I have never experienced warmth like it and its clear that they really want you to enjoy your stay with them.

The room we had was full of character, with the most beautiful furniture and decor to match. The wet rooms inside are just the best.....and gave me an idea for my own home! Breakfast was brought to our room, which we chose from such an extensive menu, we tried white pudding for the first time....lovely, may I add.

Overall I could write a book on my stay here with Alan & Ollie as along with their attention to detail, they seem to focus on making their guests enjoy themselves......not all B&Bs are about the customer.....THIS ONE IS!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here and found the guys that own it amazing. They are so friendly towards you and they make you feel at home straight away.
The room, the breakfast, the service, the info they gave me......I could easily go on and on! Best just book a room and experience it for yourself. See you both soon xx

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I booked '27' based on the excellent reviews it has received. It was my daughter's 18th birthday, and we had a 2 day, 1 night trip. After spending the day enjoying the beach, we arrived at '27' in the early evening. The genuinely warm greeting we received from Alan, along with a lovely "happy birthday" set the tone for our brief but memorable stay.
The room was beautifully decorated, spotless and smelt wonderful. Bed linen was luminously white, could find NO fault.
Ollie gave us the benefit of his knowledge, with regards possible places to eat and drink, without being at all intrusive.
Breakfast selection was extensive...my daughter was particularly looking forward to that...suffice to say, it did not disappoint..loved the white pudding and french mustard.
I must say that both Alan and Ollie are not only extremely professional and conscientious, but naturally gifted at putting people at their ease. To be able to make you feel as though you have known them for longer than you have, is a gift....Thank you so much for helping to make our stay so brill...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family