“Excellent Stay, Couldn't Ask for More”

No. 27 Brighton Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
County Durham
“Excellent Stay, Couldn't Ask for More”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

A trip full of firsts; first time visiting Brighton, first time staying in a B&B and first time seeing Katherine Jenkins. I was certainly not disappointed on all accounts.

If your looking for somewhere to stay in Brighton quite simply you must book with 27!

Even before arriving I had had a text from Alan and Ollie to let me know when my room would be ready and even gave me details of which bus to hop onto which certainly makes the daunting prospect of navigating a new city less stressful!

On arrival I was greeted by Alan who instantly made me feel welcome and soon had me checked in and started showing me a few things to-do in Brighton. Alan and Ollie soon had me felling 'at home' after a delightful welcome by both.

Room 1 is small and cosy, perfect for a solo traveller with an en-suite and all the facilities you would expect including a bathrobe, something I never had with a Hilton!! Tastefully decorated, clean and a stick of rock on the pillow is a nice touch too.

Breakfast was served in the beautiful dinning room along with Ollie's impeccable service offering fresh yoghurt, cereals, juice, tea and a fabulous cooked breakfast whipped up by Alan. The cooked breakfast was well portioned, fresh and very tasty.

Alan kindly allowed to me leave my luggage at the B&B on my last day providing a key so I could come back whenever I needed, giving me freedom to have a final wander around an amazing city before heading home.

I was very glad to have booked a B&B rather than a faceless hotel and what clearly sets this B&B apart is the fantastic and charming service. Alan and Ollie both recommending places to eat, places to see and taking a genuine interest in my stay in Brighton.

Hoping to get back to Brighton in the Summer and will definitely be booking with 27 again, if there is room at the inn!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was only in Brighton for one night and stayed at 27. This is a lovely B&B. My room was small but perfect and ensuite which you don’t always have the luxury of in a B&B. The bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was great and the hosts Alan and Ollie were so friendly and helpful, they are what makes this B&B special.

Its a few minutes walk to the seafront and about ten minutes to the pier.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if im back in Brighton.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We booked this place for a New Year's Eve trip to Brighton on the strength of the reviews, and I'm happy to say that it was everything we hoped for, and more.

From the moment you arrive it's clear a lot of effort has gone into making the B&B as welcoming as possible to everyone. The attention to detail was superb, and the service was second to none. I can't really add much else except to echo every other positive comment that has been left.

Thanks to Alan and Ollie for a great stay, and we'll definitely be back next time we're in Brighton.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a separate private toilet on the floor below. Not a problem for us, but if you have diff...
1 Thank bftnc
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2012

my boyfriend and i stayed at 27 in august of 2011 but ive been so busy i regretfully didnt write a review before now, the place itself was lovely and we recieved a very warm welcome apon arrival, the room was very clean and well decorated and it is in a great part of brighton, close to the shops, pier and train station. Alan and Ollie are lovely people who cannot do enough for there guests, i would definatly choose to stay here again if visiting brighton and i will be recommeding to anyone goin to brighton. Thank you so much for making are first (but definatly not last) trip to brighton an amazing one

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Have a wonderful 3 night stay. This is a lovely guesthouse in a nice quiet area of Brighton very central within easy reach of all the attractions. The room was veryclean and decorated/furnished to very high standard and was being upgraded after our stay as the owners wish to improve the facilities.
We had a very friendly welcome and our hosts took time to understand what we wanted and made recommendation for restaurants and things to do. We couldn't try them all but those we did were great.
To top it all off breakfast in bed every morning.
Thanks for a great time will be back later this year.

Room Tip: Front rooms are more spacious and the bay window table for breakfast is wonderful
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2012

A superb B&B, fantastic welcome from Alan & Ollie. Nothing was too much trouble and their friendly & relaxed attitude made this a very relaxing stay. A spotless room, comfortablle bed and first class breakfast, We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Birghton.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is a little gem of a b and b! It has a stylish interior and the hosts are warm and welcoming.
It is well located; being walkable to many Brighton attractions, which the hosts can help advise you on. The breakfasts were great; fresh tasty yoghurt, and perfect poached eggs; they even catered for my vegtarian needs with veggie sausages!
The customer service really made our stay extra special, and I would recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone, and will certainly never consider anywhere else when returning to Brighton!