City Sightseeing Brighton

Good but beware!

Reviewed July 17, 2018
Relax788725
via mobile

All reviews hop on hop top deck city tour lady driver your bearings australian lady day ticket interesting tour family ticket ticket price ticket office couple of hours headphones commentary route tours tickets
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Brighton and was looking forward to going on this bus but I didn’t see any in sight. When I asked around they mentioned maybe this service does not run during the colder weather and someone even mentioned the service ended end of September, but this was not mentioned on the site.
We did have a great day at Brighton and the weather was great for the i360.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Had a lovely tour on the open air bus my wife is in a wheelchair and the lady driver was most helpful nothing was to much trouble excellent service

LynneC927, Manager at City Sightseeing Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you very much. We're happy to have been able to make your visit an enjoyable one. Regards Lynne

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Due to the weather we were only able to do the one tour and not the three. We did the City Tour. The driver was very informative about Brighton. The ticket price of 13.00 per adult for the three tours great value for money.

LynneC927, Manager at City Sightseeing Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you Karen for taking the time to review our tour. It is a shame you weren’t able to complete all three tours. The Blue and Green lines are finished now for the season and will return for 2019. However, the Red City Tour will continue until end of October and not only is the cost for the Hop on Hop off tours, your ticket allows travel on all the Brighton and Hove bus services, opening up your Brighton experience to include Seven Sisters and Eastbourne, Lewes and Tunbridge Wells and to the west to Shoreham by Sea and Steyning.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Booked this trip, even though I know the town well, but was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Fantastic (if slightly tacky) commentary and pace.

I sat at the back of the top deck, snapping brainlessly and filming the sights, going so far as to repeatedly ignore the ‘don’t stand up’ policy, for which I was rightly told off at the end by the thoroughly professional driver, Debbie. Sorry for making your job harder Debbie.

Rode the Red route - Wish I’d bought the option of a two-day ticket to try the Blue and Green routes - think it’s not much more to upgrade from the one-day family ticket?

I would say, if you’re like me, what will make-or-break the bus ride for you will be how busy it is onboard...

I rode the City Sightseeing Brighton route with the family and fewer than 8 other passengers. This makes the whole thing relaxing, as I’ve found that other bus tours with sharp-elbowed, ruthless, and loud co-tourists makes for cramped seating, distractions and obstructed views.

I would recommend you do this in bad weather when the gormless day trippers from Brixton, East Ham and Africa avoid the seafront?

Top marks to the staff and management.

LynneC927, Manager at City Sightseeing Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

What a brilliant review. Thankyou for your candour. We look forward to your return trip to enjoy the other routes. Hopefully the upgrade of the red route will come through for the next season. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

One of the best sightseeing tours we've been on. There are 3 different routes, each taking about 1 hour, and the ticket price (£17 adult, £10 Senior) covers all three tours, so throughout the day we spent over 3 hours seeing all the sights in and around Brighton. Devils Dyke, on the country tour, would have been great to stop off at, if we'd known in advance exactly what was there, but time prevented us doing so. Wonderful views across the countryside and back to Brighton, or just watch hang-gliders above. Good, clear, informative commentary on all tours and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We would certainly recommend it, especially if you only have one day to see all the sights. We would have had to drive to the furthest reaches of the tours, so it was great to not have to do so.

2  Thank Teresa C

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We have only 2 weeks left of the Green and Blue tours but will carry on with the main City Tour until end of October. We value your thoughts. I do hope you will visit us again. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Went on the city tour last week. We have always used the City Sightseeing brand in cities throughout Europe - Lisbon, Athens, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Copenhagen, Edinburgh & Nice.
We were on the first tour of the day - only one other person on board. Had to ask the driver to stop as we would not get the audio to work properly - poor signage about languages available and also how to increase the volume. Perhaps the problem was just with our bus, but it could do with an upgrade. Not impressed by the Brighton franchise.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We went on this about 8 years ago where the commentary was entertaining informative full of real stories music effects and using known voices of real actors. Now it’s over priced, very poor and misses out lots of what was originally portrayed!

It’s a no and far too expensive and not very comfortable either.

Staff indifferent and disinterested without any knowledge of the history of the city and it’s incredible reputation for the individulaity!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We did the city tour and the coastal tour. Very informative. Great way to spend the afternoon. If we had more time, we would have done the country tour also.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We were on holiday in the area and decided this would be a good idea to see the sights and learn some of the history....which turned out to be worthwhile and interesting, however........we planned our day out the day before purchasing tickets online, email delivered to my device with tickets attached as a PDF file, please print out......doh I'm on holiday!!
I wrongly assumed that by showing the driver the attachment which had a reference code etc that this would be sufficient......NO, an actual piece of paper is required . So people if like us you try to get organised make sure you have access to a printer or find somewhere/one that will print your PAPER ticket for you and enjoy the tour

Lynne C, Manager at City Sightseeing Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write. We’re glad you enjoyed our tours.

Unfortunately, it’s the online third party sellers who insist on the paper copy for administration and accounts. City Sightseeing Worldwide are working on a solution but until then a paper copy of the voucher is required. All hotels have a printing service for their guests and we know of a few smaller stores who offer this service.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Went on the two new tours they've launched this year, to Devils Dyke, and to Saltdean. The commentary was very interesting, and as a Brighton resident, taught me a lot about the city I love, and showed me places I never would have thought of going to. Thoroughly recommend. My drivers Kevin, and Joe did a marvellous job too!

1  Thank HoveActuallySam
Lynne C, Manager at City Sightseeing Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Thank you Sam for your wonderful review of our new tours. We are very happy to provide travellers with an informative and entertaining time with us. Even more so if we are to impress a local! ;) I will pass on your comments to Kevin and Joe. They will be pleased as punch.