“OK food, slightly overpriced”

Zizzi - Brighton Marina
Ranked #351 of 1,217 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Right in the heart of Brighton Marina, our Zizzi has stunning views of the waterfront and is conveniently close to the cinema. The restaurant's design pays homage to local institution, the Black Rock Lido, demolished in 1978 due to the Marina’s development. This was a prominent feature on the Marina and our designer used its influence to recreate the beauty and add a sense of nostalgia.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant for dinner and it was OK but not sure I would go again.
Service was polite and quick but both me and my husband were given dirty plates with our starter (they did change them once I mentioned it and the waitress apologised) and my pizza (Margherita) was OK but nothing brilliant. My husband had penne with bacon and mushroom sauce which he enjoyed.
I personally found the decor a bit confused (modern but trying to look maybe rustic?).
I also found the food a little overpiced.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I only go here in a crowd, so not by choice! The staff are friendly enough and surroundings ok. I thought it was overpriced for the type of food and quantity. I would not visit again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love Zizzi's food anyway so I am biased but the restaurant was rammed full and I still had good food and service. I always enjoy the pasta and risotto dishes there and of course the gelato! Bit pricey but still a good chain especially compared to some other italians! :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the first and last time I will visit a Zizi restaurant. On first glance the menu looked interesting and we had high expectations as the food was not cheap. I ordered the calamari £10.75 crispy rings of squid with a garlic and basil aioli dip. When it arrived I was suprised to see a half filled metal bucket with thin soggy squid rings. There was a small bowl of Aioli and a wedge of lemon and that was it! I asked the waitress if there was any salad and she said no and so I asked her to put some salad on the plate and she said this would cost me extra. I then told her I am not prepared to pay £10.75 for a few soggy calamari rings and she replied ' its not my problem it is a new menu' My husband had the Calzone (£10.45) and it was tasteless, my son had Pollo al proscuitto (£12.50) and it too was bland. My mother could not have the original chicken salad she wanted as they had no chicken and so she had to have the insalata super zucca with chicken skewers added! (£11.70) Overall poor service and poor value for money. The waitress continuously told us it was not her problem it is the new menu and her parting words were go on the website and complain! What a shame it put a dampener on our day out visiting our son.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

How you can fail with a simple pizza and meat dish, both myself and my wife fail to understand. The pizza was awful no taste, and the shoulder of lamb extremely fatty (even for lamb) on top of that its extremely noisy with poor acoustics ruining any atmosphere, really disappointed!