“The food and service are excellent !”
Review of 24 St Georges - CLOSED

24 St Georges
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We no longer use bookatable for reservations please go to our web site to book.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We've decided to celebrate our 3 years anniversary in Brighton and chose this restaurant based on the excellent reviews we saw on trip advisor, and this was a brilliant idea !!
The staff was very polite and helpful.
The restaurant is intimate, not too noisy and if you want to have a romantic diner this is perfect.
The food was absolutely delicious ! We took some scalops, some smokys, some brill and all of them were perfectly cooked and very tasty ! ( but dont think this is a fish restaurant, they also have meat and veggie food )
The sauce that accompagnied them had uncommon savours and were very tasty as well.
The brill was cooked with lobster. risotto, this was delicious ! Same as the scallops that were with califlowers and celeriac, surprising idea but genious !
I usually dont leave any reviews on tripadvisor ( despite i should do as i am using this website ) but this restaurant really deserves to be known for his food and very good service.
It s a pity we dont live in brighton but next time we ll be back here i am sure we ll eat there !!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We booked to go here for our New Year's Eve dinner.
The staff were friendly and the food looked and tasted fantastic.
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We had the 3 course menu, every part of it was delicious. The waiter was attentive, knowledgable about the food and the prices reflect the quality and presentation of the beautiful food. I'm going to go here as much as I can afford!!!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived here on a Friday night trip down from London and could not have been made to feel more special from the moment we arrived to the moment they brought our desserts. The food was absolutely excellent and the atmosphere matched it. Couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went with my husband for our anniversary; the food was faultless in its execution. Flavours were outstanding, dishes were inventive and original, and the ingredients were clearly the best on offer. However, the portions were tiny; more what you would expect from a Michelin starred restaurant where you're eating five or six courses.
My main left me hungry; I had two tiny new potatoes on the plate and two strands of samphire. Two strands! I was told by the waitress that 'the food is all about balance' when I said that that portions were unexpectedly tiny. I don't see how two strands of samphire balances anything. I didn't even taste it. A spoonful, another couple of potatoes and another piece of fish and it would have been perfect. It's not like I haven't eaten in good restaurants. My husband had the cheesecake for dessert, and it was literally the size of half a credit card (I'm looking at my card now, and that's exactly how big it was).
As I said, the flavours were wonderful, the cooking was spot on, and the dishes would have been superb if there was a little more of them. We both found it pretentious, in the end, which is a shame. And as we were leaving, our waitress and front of house manager were discussing our comments while we were still in the room - if that doesn't smack of pretentiousness, I don't know what does!

1  Thank Cupcake1972