“Fantastic food and service”
Review of 24 St Georges

24 St Georges
Ranked #20 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We no longer use bookatable for reservations please go to our web site to book.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a returning visit to 24 St Georges for myself and husband, this second visit, the food was equally as exceptional but the service has dramatically improved from our first visit quite some time ago and is now fabulous . Victor is a fabulous asset as the restaurant manager, warm and friendly without being in your face. The food is exceptional and for the standard of food you receive is inexpensive.Well worth a visit - I 'm just sad in one way we don't live in Brighton, so as to make this a regular haunt. We will be visiting again, hopefully very soon. I wish we had this kind of restaurant in Guildford .........fancy opening a second 24 ????

There are newer reviews for 24 St Georges

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant while staying in Brighton because of the reviews on here! We were not disappointed! Fabulous evening, fabulous food! 5* service. Don't hesitate, book now! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I went to 24 St George's for a belated birthday meal with two friends as I had heard good reports of it. I think it's the best restaurant I have been to for years. Better than Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsey's in London, as the food is equally as good but what makes it better is the ambience and the friendliness of the staff. We had some drinks and the bar man made me a very good cosmopolitan and even went out and brought a bottle of sherry as my friend wanted a glass of sherry as an aperitif. Our starters the lamb and figs for my two friends and I had the torched mackerel which were lovely. The amuse Bouche we were served before the starters was a lovely veggie scotch egg and some homemade delicious bread.
Our mains were - Beetroot gnocchi with halloumi, assiste of game and chicken and turbot. All were perfectly executed and presented beautifully. We then managed to eat one of the wonderful puddings - the salted chocolate caramel for me which was yummy. Cheesecake and the plate of cheeses for my friends which they both enjoyed. The service throughout was attentive without being over the top. A lovely restaurant with no negatives whatsoever the bill was even reasonable for the quality of the food and experience.
Well done - we will be back

1  Thank ellie0253
Reviewed October 17, 2013

As you would expect from this restaurant the food and service is excellent. It deserves to be classed as one of the very best in Brighton.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Although in a back street out of the main Brighton restaurant area this establishment has to be visited for high class food, service and ambiance. My wife and I could not fault any aspect of this dining experience. Such excellence comes at a price and this meal was the most expensive during our holiday at 105 pounds for the two of us including service - but well worth the price!

3  Thank Dorset_Food_Fan