“Sisters on Tour”
Review of 24 St Georges

24 St Georges
Ranked #21 of 1,184 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We no longer use bookatable for reservations please go to our web site to book.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My sisters and I are on our 19th year of what we call our "GWA" (Girls weekend away) and just returned home yesterday from a great Thurs - Sun break in a city that offers more than I expected.
The big stand out of a fabulous weekend must be our night in 24 St Georges.
Where to start
The Welcome - Fantastic from Victor, an extremely attentive Maitre "D" and his fabulous friendly staff on the night Adam, and the girls.
The Food - from 2 not so shy Chef owners James and Dean - deserves a Michelin star, it was said they were very shy, but we Irish managed to cajole them out for a round of applause.
Whoever issues Michelin Star accolades should visit and see for themselves, they won't be disappointed. A very diverse menu - quality, presentation, flavour, service unbelievably faultless served in a very nicely easily accessed friendly cosy restaurant.
Personally I had the Lamb to start followed by a fantastic Asiette of Game - a plate of food like I've never tasted before in my life, rounded off nicely with an ice cream selection and an espresso cocktail.
Equally my sisters choices also, beautiful food cooked brilliantly and served precisely as requested with the medium rare beef - melted in the mouth and was a picture on a plate.
We wish James & Dean who joined us for a nightcap all the best, for what will without doubt be a wonderfully successful business as "Imaginative cooks using only top quality products served as I have described above" We won't be surprised to see them rise through the ranks of the well renowned chefs.
The price range is rightfully in the upper price bracket and the restaurant is the ideal venue for any occasion.

Thanks a million
The Woods Girlettes

1  Thank WoodsGirlettes

Reviewed September 30, 2013

had a lovely meal here back in January. The waiter was extremely friendly and had a lovely meal to finish off a long weekend in Brighton. enjoyed the mini duck scotch egg style, hope that becomes a regular.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Dined here a couple of days ago with my wife. We booked via the internet and the whole process was hassle free. The atmosphere in the restaurant immediately welcomes you with some light jazz music in the background. We were given one of the tables which faces on to the outside. The street is very quite hence you definitely wont be disturbed by passers by. The menu has quite a nice selection and for starters i opted for the torched mackerel which was tasty although slightly chewy. My wife went for the scallops which I tasted and were delicious, cooked to perfection.
As a main we both opted for the assiette of game. The meat was delicious, and well prepared. The braised venison must have been the highlight of this excellent dish whilst I also enjoyed eating pigeon for the first time, although it could have been slightly less salty for my tastes.
We didnt have desert but we did have coffee served with truffles which were divine!
The wine list, although limited, does provide for an interesting selection and I went with a glass of white to start with (the Spanish Chardonnay) whilst with the main I had the Montepulciano. Both were excellent.
For the meal we had, the service and the atmosphere I was pleasantly surprised by the whole cost.
A great night out.

1  Thank Trevordg
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked this restaurant a few days before reaching ....... age!
I wanted to take my 2 sons and girlfriend out for a great meal that would have pushed me to my culinary limits. I love to cook so I had to chose somewhere special plus with 2 veggies in the group and one with a severe nut allergy it was not easy.
We were greeted and treated to a wonderful array of dishes well cooked and presented. Our waiter was excellent, entertaining and made sure we were very welcome. Could not fault the service or the quality of the food - cooked to perfection! Go and treat yourself .....I will certainly be back!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This has to be one of the stars in Brighton that we keep going back to.

Imaginative cooking, well presented, good ingredients and very well executed in the kitchen.
The special offers for dining mid week are exceptionally good value.
Very nice quality wines served at most reasonable prices.

Expect a very friendly service from all the staff and a lovely amuse bouche too.

1  Thank Ruthven65