“Fantastic Fine Dining, felt like I was judging Masterchef!”
Review of 24 St Georges - CLOSED

24 St Georges
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We no longer use bookatable for reservations please go to our web site to book.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I really loved this restaurant. The menu was interesting and ambitious and I wasn't disappointed. My main course of sea bream on a lobster risotto was outstanding, as was my dessert. The service was fine and the wine list was varied and reasonable value. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant and I'd certainly return when we next go to Brighton.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't rate this restaurant highly enough. It's chic and stylish with a decor that says 'eat me' but the food is something to write home about, and to anywhere else you fancy.

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Every dish is perfectly formed and exquisitely presented, but the 'William Tell' picnic starter with its centrepiece of a golden apple which isn't an apple at all, but a sculptured piece of foie gras/chicken parfait covered in apple jelly with an accompanying pig's head ballotine, is a true masterpiece in appearance, taste, texture, and wit.

This is what food should be about - everything that makes us happy.

I couldn't fault any element of this meal from the exceptional amuse bouches (do try the 'scotch eggs'), and the quail picnic starters, through the Mojito sorbet palate cleanser, to the fantastic mains and sumptuous desserts. When people have a true passion for food it shows in everything they offer. And when the prices are so affordable, it won't be long before this restaurant is booked out all year.

So get in there while you can!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and booked for a Friday evening. We asked for a quiet table and got a lovely table for the three of us in the window.
The Manager/Owner, not sure which as he did not introduce himself, was very welcoming and the staff very helpful. Our meals were delicious from the bread that arrived without asking to the desserts.
The only fault I had was that I asked for a glass of champagne to start with and they did not have any available, only Cava which was horrible. My husband and son asked for a gin and tonic which was spoiled with two large slivers of cucumber in each glass which totally took away any flavour and if you don't like cucumber was rather annoying. Could they ask in future if you would like lemon, lime or cucumber?
Quite a pricy meal but it was a special occasion.

1  Thank Australia1959
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant in Kemptown, Brighton, and were very impressed. Imaginatively presented and delicious food, very attentive service without being intrusive. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited Twenty Four St Georges for the first time on Saturday eve, with the bonus of our party using the Private Dining Area. Great room for the 10 of us; good atmosphere, nicely laid out and I loved the artwork on the walls!
We were warmly and courteously welcomed on arrival and the champagne flowed! From booking until departure, all staff we met made us feel that our custom was valued and they cared that we had a memorable eve.
Once seated our feast commenced with an unexpected appetiser to tickle our taste buds, including moreish soft bread to accompany it.
All courses were simply beautifully presented. My starter was a chicken parfait & foie gras apple with ballotine of pigs head and mustard brioche. Not only did it look good but the blend of flavours and textures were wonderful. For main I went with Duck Breast with a duck & Parma ham ballotine, confit potato, beetroot, Jerusalem artichoke puree. Again, a lovely combination although I was less sure of the beetroot with it. The duck breast was good, but all of our party who chose this, commented that they expected it to be more tender. However this do not spoil our pleasure. I followed this with an excellent cheese board (literally!) comprising a good selection of cheeses (local I believe?), decent crackers (generic term not doing the biscuits justice) with grapes and a fabulous seasonal chutney.
A good house white wine too.
All this followed by marvellous home-made truffles & a decent coffee, (I don’t like mine strong). We all left very satisfied after a lovely evening and I certainly would choose to visit again.