Tripadvisor
Brighton
Post
Inbox
Search

“Terrible food., appalling attitude of staff”
Review of L'Aperitivo

L'Aperitivo
Ranked #619 of 1,470 Restaurants in Brighton
Description: Italian bar and restaurant with live music.
Description: Italian bar and restaurant with live music.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to try this restaurant for the first time this evening. My first two choices of drinks were unavailable because they were waiting for a delivery. My partner had better luck. We ordered our food choices., we only waited 15 minutes for our meals to arrive. My partner’s pizza was good., but sadly my carbonara was terrible. The pasta was hard and chewy., and had clearly been reheated., the bacon was undercooked and greasy., and the entire dish was so over seasoned with black pepper it was impossible to taste anything else. When the chef came out to see how we were getting on., he got very agitated when I tried explain why I didn’t want to eat the pasta dish. He became very patronising and tried to tell me that I was obviously used to English carbonara which is, apparently, sloppy.., whereas Italian carbonara is dryer. I have eaten many excellent carbonaras in other restaurants., sadly this was far from excellent.
The manageress attempted to offer a replacement meal but I had lost my appetite by that point.
When I commented that the pasta appeared to have been reheated in a microwave., she replied that they didn’t have one., a fact that was clearly untrue because I could see it through the open kitchen door.!
She continued to argue with us.. which did not impress either of us at all..!
When my partner paid for his meal., she took his credit card from him and tapped it on the machine without showing him the amount she had entered., and the promised email reciept has not yet arrived at time of writing.., 2 hours later.
Caveat Emptor.

1  Thank Clare P
Lloyds102hol, Marketing at L'Aperitivo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your review.
L'aperitivo's traditional itailian cabanara contains the listed ingredients.
Smoked bacon
pecorino cheese
parmesan
egg
Double Cream
Tagliatelle
garlic cloves
unsalted butter
sea salt and freshly grated black pepper.
We serve our carbonara the traditional itailian way which is a lot dryer than the american version.
We offered to make the sauce with more cream but you refused.
All our dishes are cooked fresh when ordered and not in a microwave.
Your card receipt will be emailed directly from sum up if you entered your email correctly.
We did not charge you for your dish and you was offered a replacement meal for free.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks
L'aperitivo

Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Second time iv are here i am only I'm brighton due to work but have to eat out every night. So far I have only ate here twice and both times I have left very pleased with the food served to me the pizza is absolutely impeccable i wouldn't go anywhere else given a chance. The carbonara was exquisite not too much pepper not too much sauce. Better than anything I have ever had at wetherspoons just beautiful. Good range of drinks also which is always a bonus!

Date of visit: January 2020
Lloyds102hol, Marketing at L'Aperitivo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great little bar in Brighton,I visited on a Saturday night with freinds.
They had live music and was still serving food at midnight. nice pizzas and a lovely pint of peroni.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was not good and waited ages for it, despite at the time being the only customers. Only available was pizza pasta or ‘bar favourites’. I ordered veg curry from the latter and it didn’t taste like curry, just some kind of goo. Shame really.

Thanks for the review.
we are sorry for the delay, we serve freshly steamed rice and grilled vegetables in a massala cream sauce.
We currently serve 9 different pasta dishes, 9 different pizzas.
We also serve steak, lamb, cod and burgers.
We also have the option of over 35 starter and pre dishes.
We are sorry that we couldn't please you.
Many thanks
L'aperitivo

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Me and girlfriend had a beautiful Sunday roast today good music great staff I loved the food it’s was so amazing

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you for the review.