“Eat here!”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #60 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Lovely array of food and flavours. Really tasty, staff friendly, good atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more.A really decent veggie cafe.

There are newer reviews for Iydea

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Having had many good meals in this restaurant I was very disappointed to find something very hard in the baked beet root that I bit into when I had lunch there recently. It was possibly part of a shell from a nut or a piece of grit. I was in a hurry to catch a train and there was a big queue for food so I phoned the restaurant the next day to let them know what had happened having also discovered two large chips in one of my teeth caused by the hard item. I was told the manager would phone back in an hour which he didn't . I then phoned again a few hours later and was told they had checked the beet root and there was nothing found and they were not prepared to do anything else.
I have been told by the dentist that the tooth will need replacing with another crown.

2  Thank Francesca T
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Came in looking to tuck into 'traditional' sausage, egg & bacon ... sooo glad we didn't realise it was a vegetarian restaurant and turn around.
We had two lovely breakfasts and the freshly made juices were simply scrummy.
I don't think I can be converted to give up meat quite yet, but it's made us realise that the so so-called 'traditional' English breakfast can be equally as delicious without the need for sausages, bacon and black pudding ... there are alternatives.

... almost forgot the staff here were really friendly and helpful too :-)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This place is perfect for vegetarians/vegans/any one with dietary requirements. The canteen style layout lets you pic various meals with large potions for a good price. Its all so tasty its hard to narrow it down. I take everyone here when they come to Brighton.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I'm a meat lover, and I never choose vegetarian options but eating this has made me question my assumption that good food starts with meat. Absolutely yummy