“friendly, tasty, quick and cheap!”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #51 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The tile of this review pretty much says it all. to top it off, the portion sizes were huge!
My wife is a vegetarian and, while I'm not, I was more than satisfied with the excellent food here.

There are newer reviews for Iydea

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wow, I wish we had an Iydea in Eastbourne. There's a definite gap in the market. A couple of family members recommended this cafe to me and I've been twice this week already..... The most delicious lunch I've had in a while. I'm not a veggie and my partner loves his meat - however this is the tastiest lunchtime food we've had and it's amazing value. There are many exciting and interesting food combinations... All our favourite fresh ingredients. On my most recent visit I had a delicious roasted butternut squash lasagne with a beetroot, ginger and chili salad... couscous with goats cheese, a mixture of roasted seeds and a scrumptious chutney. The combination of flavors was really satisfying and tasty. The fresh lemonade is the best I've had too. We want to go back and try the breakfast menu next... and the cakes! We are looking forward to our next shopping trip to Brighton and lunch at Iydea.

1  Thank Rose L
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very good veggie food. Great dressings and nuts seeds and extra toppings. Cafe atmosphere very busy on Sat and Sun go early if you want to be able to get in. Friendly staff.

1  Thank Francesca B
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Even my meat-mad partner loves this place and it's a regular of ours for Saturday lunch after a morning in town. Fast and friendly service to compliment the ever changing extensive menu. You can never go wrong with their curries. Certainly recommend for a cheap but satisfying lunch.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We enjoyed lunch so much that we went back the next day!

Very friendly staff. Masses of choice, really tasty, with some pretty complex flavours for a fast food café. Started getting busy for lunch at 11.30am, it's obviously got a good reputation.

My only regret was not having room left for the lush-looking cakes.