“Without a doubt, the best veggie place in Sussex!”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #71 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Me and my wife always eat here when we come to Brighton, it's fantastic, wholesome and varied food in a fast paced environment which is always buzzing and lively.
The staff are great. They're young and enthusiastic, friendly and polite. A treasure in this day and age.
As I said, the food is fnatastic, flavourful and fresh. The menu varies all the time and most importantly it's not expensive and the portions are great.
It's a healthy alternative to the usual fare offered by the chains and pub grub.
Do yourself a favour and check this place out, the cakes are to die for!

1  Thank tony20121212

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I didn't really like the whole buffet style of the arrangement they have going on in this restaurant - there was too much to choose from! As a meat eater I found that there was a good mix of stuff to choose from but the portions are HUGE and it's hard to finish it all. Next time I know to opt for a smaller choice.

Not sure whether I'd come back here again on my own, but if I'm with veggie friends I would highly recommend it. The juice is great too!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

New restaurant just opened near our home. We did not realise today was preview day as it opens officily next Tuesday. Food excellent. Staff and service very good. Think this will become regular place to eat and lot nearer than the other Kensington Gardens restaurant. Hove residents will love it once they try it!

4  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Healthy eating that is soooo tasty! We always go to Iydea when we visit Brighton for the delicious food, signs outside say it has won awards for its grub and once you taste it, you know why! Excellent range of veggie/vegan and gluten free food, freshy made. You choose a main, then add a couple of sides and get a side leaf salad thrown in too! As a vegetarian I am often faced with ONE choice in a restaurant , here I can eat almost everything and its not bland rabbit food either! Great vibe in the restaurant due to the cosmopolitan Brighton crowd, or if weather is fine, sit outside and people watch as you nosh the great grub! Friendly helpful staff always smiling, and good value for money!

2  Thank mariamerton10x
Reviewed June 21, 2013

In Brighton for the day we were finding it all a bit too touristy and tacky, but then we found Iydea. It was recommended to us by one of the street traders who said it was the best place to eat in Brighton, and he was right. Excellent selection of dishes, all beautifully cooked. Very friendly and helpful staff, even the other customers were friendly and helpful, the atmosphere of the cafe must rub off on them. Don't miss this café when you are in Brighton.

3  Thank David N