“A bustling place with great food”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #51 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It was no surprise that this place was so busy. Yes it was a Friday lunchtime, good weather and in the middle of Brighton festival but the food was really good. Well priced with a great selection of side dishes and salads I will definitely eat here again if I get the chance. This is the sort of cafe I just wish we had locally.

1  Thank mysticmoose
There are newer reviews for Iydea

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is Fab. We tucked in to some delicious vegetarian fare and our son, being a vegan, was spoilt for choice. Friendly staff, great atmosphere, and food that is spectacularly tasty and healthy. You will leave with a full stomach and a smile! We did! :-)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Friendly staff here creating a lovely atmosphere. A great choice for both vegans and vegetarians and I thoroughly recommend the ginger and lemon freshly made lemondade!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times and the food is always fresh, varied & tasty, but after eating here last week, me & my boyfriend were still hungry when we left! Are the plates getting smaller?
It's always buzzy & bustling & good that its a meat-free cafe, but I think £7 for a very small plate of food is going to put me off returning.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place is always busy, It’s a canteen-style so you can’t see what food they’re selling til you get to the front of the queue but the staff never try to rush you and let you take your time deciding.

Food is really nice, delicious vege food.

The drinks are expensive but I think that’s just a thing for Brighton. Actually, overall I would say it’s quite expensive considering it’s only a cafe but the food is worth it.

The plates are too small though, sure you can just about squeeze everything on but what’s the point when you could just have a bigger plate and make life easier? If you want to separate out your salad from your pie then this isn’t the place for you. If you want to lump loads of different flavours into a massive pile on a tiny plate and feel like you’re at a festival, then this is the place for you.