“Outstanding, wish I could go there every day”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #55 of 1,139 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding, wish I could go there every day”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

In a way, I don't even want to review this place because I don't want too many other people to know about it! The cafe already seems to overflow every day as, quite rightly, it is so popular. It is certainly the best veggie place I have ever been to. The food is quite simply delicious, nutritious, inventive, I can't recommend it enough. It's very good value and the staff are efficient and friendly. The cafe itself is full of character too, and a really warm, friendly place to be. Don't spend a day in Brighton without going here! I just want to try out the incredible-sounding breakfasts next...

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best vegetarian food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am not a vegetarian, but sometimes I enjoy treating myself to a healthy veggie meal. I have been to this place and I think that the value is great, portions are very nice size and the variety of food you can combine is very satisfying too. For just £6 I enjoyed a delicious meal that included: vegetarian burritos, baked new potatoes, saffron rice, hummus, yogurt sauce. All was super fresh and really delicious! The best thing is that when you are done you feel fool, but not about to explode...which is the healthy way to go! I would recommend this place to everybody, vegetarian or non vegetarian!

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Inventive and delicious veggie food”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We ate lunch here and it was so delicious. Gorgeous inventive dishes from healthy salads to roast vegetables and walnut and beetroot burgers, aubergine and sweet potato lasagne. It was really popular and we could see why. Amazing value too. Heartedly recommended. Wish we had something like this in Birmingham!!!

3 Thank HuffBirmingham
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Veggie lunches in Brighton don't get better than this.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Love this place and frequently eat lunch here. It is a laid-back vegetarian cafe where you queue at the counter and choose your food. If anyone's been in Brighton long enough to remember the original Food for Friends before it went all restaurant, it reminds me of that. Good value, and the great ability to have a good look at what's available and have an interesting combination piled on your plate. Speaking of plates...my one and only criticism is the small size of them - this is not a portion issue (I ate there on Sunday and the quantity of food given was ample),the problem is that it's not the most comfortable eating experience as the food is all too closely crammed together and it's near on impossible for it not to spill on to the table. Larger plates please! The portion sizes are fine and the food is delicious.
On Sunday my daughter and I both had the nut roast en croute with basil gravy, it was very good and not in the slightest bit dry, as nut roasts often have the reputation for being. Favourites of mine include their legendary tamari potato wedges, beetroot burgers and their delicious hot chocolate. They also do very good breakfasts (best value and most interesting veggie breakfasts in town). Last but not least, a word for the staff - they're great, friendly, polite and professional. Keep up the good work Idyea - I look forward to seeing what your sister place on Western Rd is like once it opens.

1 Thank Vanessa G
Surrey, UK
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Popped in for a mid-morning drink before heading to our restaurant for lunch and was really taken by this little gem! The most delicious hot chocolate - really yummy - and whilst drinking we were able to take in the wonderful array of delicious looking vegetarian dishes. I like my meat, but would really like to return to try out some of their food. It all looked really yummy and we were impressed with how busy it was. Obviously very popular!