“Lovely clean B&B, fab breakfast”
Review of Paskins Town House

Paskins Town House
Ranked #21 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and were not disappointed, the vegetarian and vegan breakfast was fab, rooms spotlessly clean and had everything you needed, although a shaver socket would have been handy for recharging the toothbrush.

Nice touch of bottled water and fruit in room.

The TV didn't want to work but this didn't cause a problem as we really didn't have time to watch it, you don't go to Brighton to watch TV when there is so much more to do and see.

Would highly recommend Paskins and we will go back again next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Taken in by knowing the location, having been a Brighton resident for over 12 years, I knew that Charlotte Street is perfectly placed on the cusp of the Easterly Kemptown Village and indeed is one of the connecting quiet roads between Marine Parade and St George's Road, thus: the location could not be better.

That aside, I was also struck by the sheer brilliance of the interiors of the hotel as depicted on *insert any site here* and the obvious and abundant attention to detail and care that the owners and staff have for their hotel.

Upon arrival, the exterior itself is charming and you are guided into a quaint Reception (with the ability to drop bags if rooms aren't ready or you need to Check Out, but are still in Brighton for a while...) and I was greeted by an equally charming man and received a brief tour of the ground floor, with instructions for the front door et cetera. Perfect - in, warm hello, quick instructions and then - I was in my room, the door clunked shut and I was alone in my cool and thoroughly lovely standards. There was even a bottle of wine sitting on the bay window dresser - but perhaps that was because this was the eve of my wedding and not usual practice!

That night, I was alone, the following morning, descending to breakfast I was gobsmacked. I could spend the next age writing about just how lovely the breakfast was, but I won't - let me just say this: never before in 20 years have I had a breakfast of such quality in a hotel, irrespective of its size. Delicious. Fresh. The wild mushrooms especially and the scrambled eggs - oh my - you must try them! I ascended to my room for a piping hot and well-pressured shower extremely happy. Then I got married! I'll leave the second night to your imagination!

Trust me - Paskins is worth it.

Room Tip: Speak with Roger or David and explain your situation and they will do their very best to accommodate...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
paskins_management, Manager at Paskins Town House, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thanks, Al, for your kind words. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you 'got to the church (town hall) on time!' Congratulations, again, to you and your good lady wife and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My third visit to this delightful Hotel and I wasn't disappointed. The rooms are tastefully decorated, complete with everything needed - and all spotlessly clean. Rooms are serviced every day and there were frequent changes of linen/towels. A rather nice touch is the daily provision of a bottle of water and a shiny apple.

The breakfast menu is comprehensive, beautifully cooked, well presented, and served by friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble and any variation or concoction catered for. I was fortunate to stay for ten nights and the high standards were maintained throughout.

I was lucky to be staying during the Pride weekend but although Paskins is in Kemp town, it is slightly away from the main partying/pubs area down a much quieter road so consequently I wasn't at all disturbed by noise of any sort.

My whole time in Brighton was blessed by hot sunshine - a somewhat rare occasion in the UK - which gave plenty of beach time and I took full advantage of that, so all in all another most enjoyable holiday at Paskins.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank holidayboyessex2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with Carla Kirby as she said in her review everything was very nice (please note, she wrote her review before I had told her I was missing a top). Upon returning home I realised that an expensive top I had taken to Brighton was missing. I hung the top in the wardrobe in the room, but did not wear it during my stay at the Hotel. Only two possibilities - I had left it in the wardrobe or it had been taken from my case which I left in reception for a few hours prior to journey home. The case was unlocked as I believed it would be safe. My friend's case was also unlocked. I called the Hotel fully expecting them to have it. They were very sympathetic, but the top was never found. I assumed it would still be at the hotel as it would have been discovered when our room was cleaned on departure. I have no idea where it went but it certainly did not sprout legs and walk out by itself. Just wanted others to ensure they double check the wardrobe and lock their cases as would not want this to happen to any other traveller.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Recommended by a friend and I knew at once this was going to be a great place. My single room was small but had everything you could require and was clean and comfortable. Upon arrival my friend and I mentioned concerns regarding my medical needs and were overwhelmed by the level of understanding and helpfulness. Every member of staff played their part in making our stay enjoyable with friendliness and a good sense of humour. Breakfast was outstanding with a good selection and lovely surroundings. I would not hesitate to stay here again - in fact I'm not returning to Brighton unless I do stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is definitely one of the best b&b I've ever stayed in. Clean, well equipped, friendly, quiet, soft pillars, windows that open and the most amazing breakfasts. Will definitely re-visit. Great area too with lots of cute cafes , bars and restaurants if you don't want to walk into centre of Brighton.

Room Tip: All rooms are differently furnished. Loved ours on top floor but no lift so only choose top floor if...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friend & I were given a recommendation to stay here & I am so glad! It is a fabulous place to stay at a very reasonable price. The single room I had was small but just right with an en suite bathroom and was clean & tidy. The art deco environment made me feel like I was back in the 1920's and all the staff were so friendly & helpful. Breakfast was amazing! A wide choice & freshly cooked, it set me up for the day. Close to the beach & the pier and an easy walk to the Laines & North Laines. When I come back to Brighton I will definitely want to book a room here :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends