See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night whilst working in Brighton.
The room was clean and the bed very comfy, the shower was good although the bathroom was very old and dated. The room itself was also very dated but for the money it was not something to moan about. The main advantage of the hotel is the on site parking which is a must in this area as parking is hard to find and very expensive.
I found the staff to be helpful and polite at all times. I eat in the bar as I was given an allowance by my company, the food was vastly overpriced and not as it was described on the menu. I was then shocked when I was charged a service charge of 10% taking me over my allowance for a very disappointing meal which was steak and frozen chips with what appeared to be bistro poured over it(£16.20) .
Great location and good value but avoid the bar and restraunt.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

after our ceremony we arrived at the courtlands to find that our 6 reserved spaces were taken by other guests at the hotel,even though the hotel had placed signs up saying they were for our wedding party.....my WEDDING CAR had to go home as there was no parking!!!!!!!! after that mayhem, we sat down for our wedding breakfast...starter was ok,main was ok,until hair was found in the chicken...just so happened to be a bald man eating it!!!! dessert was superb.... before all the run up to our big day we had appointments that were missed by the manager for one reason or another...we were compensated for this inconvenience....communication was a bit slap dash......the bridal suite was old and dated no hot water for shower, spa bath didnt work....bed uncomfortable....went to have breakfast the next morning (which we were told was included in our package) we were told that it wasnt. Even though our receipt clearly stated that it was.....all in all the party was good but we still wouldnt reccommend it.....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

For the price we got the quality of the room was very good. The rooms are very big and the staff is friendly. :) Good cleanliness

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveller t
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We made a booking for 3 girls staying here for my 21st birthday. we arrived at the courtlands hotel when it was dark.
It's on a main road and is quite hard to spot in the dark the small car park was full with people already blocking eachother in. I sent one of My friends in who said the receptionist said there was a car park accross the road. We found this and an already very narrow car park entrance had scaffolding either side making it near impossible for my already smallish car to fit through. It's a solicitors car park I think. I asked the receptionist if it would be okay to park there and she said if I didn't like it I could park somewhere else. Very very rude receptionist I think she is eastern European. She definitely needs customer service classes.
Anyway, we got put in the honeymoon suite. This was quite a walk and right at the back of the hotel. It was very big and spacious and perfect for girls to get ready on a night out. The room wasn't particularly clean.

The location was okay we were able to walk to find food, but got a taxi into Brighton centre and back.

Very good value for money although car parking needs to be sorted. And preferably need a new receptionist.

Also I was asleep and all of a sudden I heard banging at our door. My friends had come back later than me and had been followed back by a man. The Banging and shouting went on for ages. It was the man wanting to come in, I didn't open the door but I'm not sure why he was allowed in past reception and why no member of staff heard him banging and shouting and removed him. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and was happy for the elevator. Room is what you can expect.
The English plumbing-technology is what it is.
Expensive and not at all impressing breakfast not included in the room-price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple