“Faultless friendly service”
Review of Adelaide House

Adelaide House
Ranked #72 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Located in one of the finest seafront squares in Brighton the Adelaide offers affordable accommodation andattentive service. Breakfasts excellent - best ever in all my many travels. Staff all friendly and polite. Nice little extras - bathrobes and cake. My room was on the top floor, bit of a hike however this would certainly not deter me from staying again if it was the only room available.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Adelaide House

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have stayed at Adelaide House on 2 seperate occasions and have left feeling more than happy on both occasions. We we're met at reception with a smile and free cake (always a plus) despite the relatively late hour of our check in and were instantly impressed with the lounge and reception area which hosted comfort aplenty. Our rooms on both occasions were immaculately clean and in good order. The decor was understated yet tasteful and had just enough personality to appeal to most. Towels and linen were fresh and clean and changed dependant on individual need. There was a plethora of complimentary items in the room including little touches like penguin bars instead of the usual boring 2 biscuit pack found at most places. Breakfast was excellent with an exceptional array of choice and the late finish of 10am meant a lay in was possible. Our big dopey Labrador was also made very welcome with a bowl of water waiting in our room for his arrival and much fuss made of him by the staff. All in all a very enjoyable stay and we look forward to our third visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in May for a work and social trip to Brighton. The location was fantastic, the rooms very good value, the breakfast was excellent and the beds were comfortable. Most impressive of all was the service. I left my visa bank card in the hotel room and the hotel manager contacted me and posted it straight back recorded delivery. Thanks so much! We will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blossomchops
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pot luck choice because the hotel had vacancies. Lovely welcome - really friendly atmosphere and staff were lovely. The room was small but adequate for our needs and very very clean. It overlooked Regency Square and we enjoyed people watching from the small balcony. We loved the decore in the main lounge. Breakfast was fantastic, excellent choices, great service and one iof the best full English breakfasts we have had. Also central to the main town. Thank you for a fabulous stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the square - best
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Who on earth gave this place 4 stars? They must have stayed in some pretty grim places.

The great location are it's only saving grace, that and the fact that it had rooms available at the last minute but having been there I can see why.

The staff were pleasant but there was no warmth. I felt a bit like an extra in East Enders.
Going for breakfast we sat a table that was yet to be cleared. When it was cleared, it wasn't wiped clean. From placing our order, breakfast took 45 minutes to arrive. A couple who had arrived for breakfast before we did gave up waiting for their order and left.

The bedroom was clean and had a balcony and dressing gowns were supplied but the mattress felt like it had a plastic wrapper around it under the sheets.

I definitely won't be going back unless I have to.

Room Tip: Chose another place to stay
2  Thank kevins1966
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for Bank Holiday weekend. Location was great but that was the only saving grace. It is tired, grubby with miserable staff. We went down for breakfast - grim, depressing room straight out of the 1970's ( and not in a good way) - we were sat at a table where people had already had their breakfast. The waitress came across and flicked her teatowel over the crumbs thinking that was satisfactory cleaning. We had to ask her to clean it properly. Waited 40 minutes for breakfast - couple next to us left as they had been waiting longer. Mattress should be sent to the scrap heap. Carpet was disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
1  Thank mishmash9797
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed here many times with my little dog yoda.
It is a fabulous family run B&B in the very most central part of Brighton. A stones throw to the sea and the shops and all the best restaurants.
The place itself is very very clean with nice bedding and comfortable beds ( I don't sleep well but iv always had a great sleep staying here)
Showers in all rooms ( and I have stayed in all) are strong and always hot. Shampoo ,body wash and hand wash are provided along with soft nice fresh smelling fluffy towels.
They have flat screen tv in all rooms with many channels.
You can also play your own cd films.
Breakfast is amazing and you can have as much as you like of freshly cooked foods ranging from traditional English to kippers etc.. I highly recommend a leisurely breakfast in laid back Brighton as most of the laid back local shops don't start till 10 or even 11 am.
Dogs are welcome at this hotel without an extra charge, but if your not a dog lover or owner do not let that put you off. You really would never know there was or had been a dog in residence.
I put that down to the very well running of the establishment that the family who do it excel at.
You can tell they are experienced in every aspect of hoteliering and although there service is friendly they also act anonymous so you can feel as looked after as you want to..
What I like even more about this place is the very honest and very reasonable pricing.
At between £50-60 for a single and 70-100 double/treble even at weekends and high season ,it's amazing value. You will not have a disappointing stay at Adelaide house and you will surely return and tell your friends.
I asked here once for extra coffee in the already generous host tray and now every time I stay you can rest assured there will be umpteen sachets awaiting me.
That's how good these people are .
High recommendation