“Stairs Stairs”

Ranked #72 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Manchester United Kingdom
“Stairs Stairs”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

When I arrived at the B & B was a little disappointed as the frontage looked a little grubby.On entering the hall it looked fine didn't see anyone immediately but went to the reception at the back where a grubby,unshaven man was sitting behind a stable door with radio on.
He got up confirmed my presence said there was a few stairs to climb of which I was aware but didn't expect the amount and especially as my knees are very bad it wasn't pleasant.
He carried my case upstairs which was very nice of him.
Room was ok. A few repairs are needed,ceiling plaster in room and bathroom. Dresser draw broken. Pillows cheap no volume in them. The shower was dire drip drip drip took a while to get a decent one. Tea tray was fine. TV fine. A recent magazine would be a nice touch. When asked for milk it was brought pretty quickly. Breakfast was the best everything on offer and the cooked breakfast was good and hot. Although no atmosphere you could hear a pin drop and there was carpet on the floor. Maybe a radio on a low volume would break the silence. No WI FI access in room so would have had to travel downstairs to use lap-top so didn't bother. The thought of the stair climb put me off. I was at the top of the hotel maybe it was the only single room. Female staff wasn't very friendly towards me just making pleasantries. More happier to see another customers dog (LOL). None of the staff asked if I had travelled to Brighton before which I hadn't nor offered information regarding Brighton although they were some leaflets in the foyer to take away to read ? Had to bang my case down all the flights of stairs. The banister from my room was very loose so if youhad slipped,grabbed it there would have been a major accident. The place just needs some DIY jobs doing to get rid of the shabby look. Money I suppose is tight !!

Room Tip: A good power shower ie good water pressure
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Adelaide house was welcoming, clean & homely. On arriving to our pre - booked room, we signed a form and was in. Our room was very cosy & homely with a king size bed,and on suite with a bath. For our dog was fresh water and biscuits !
The location is 2 mins from the town centre & sea, parking 1min!
The family that runs the hotel were polite and friendly without being over the top.
I would recommend staying and will be back during the summer, thanks again A+++
p.s, great breakfast!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I am so pleased I decided to stay here and not any of the national hotel chains that are dotted around Brighton. The staff were helpful and friendly and gave me loads of great advice of things to do around Brighton including good places to eat. The breakfast section on offer was great, with a wide choice to suit everyone. The hotel is based on four floors and has no lift but this is mentioned on their website and I was told again when I phoned to book so I knew what to expect, it also gave me a great workout every day!!!!! The location is great walk out the dor and you can see the sea, the hotel is only a couple of mintues away from the seafront and main shopping area. Brighton's lanes are also worth a look if you have time so many little shops selling everything.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Adelaide house was just great to catch all the sights of Brighton close walking distance to everything and surrounded by beautiful buildings. The service was good with helpful staff and owners and the breakfast was very good which was enough for the whole day. My wife and I will be back as we did not allocate enough time to see everything in wonderful Brighton

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, UK
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This B&B is located in Regency Square which is a couple of minutes walk from the beach. It is situated in a great location as it is very central to the shops, nightlife and beach. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk from Brighton station with luggage. I do not normally stay in B&Bs however when I was looking for a hotel for one night on a weekend for one person, it was a minimum of £80! I am not sure if there was something going on that weekend as I have paid less before. I looked at other options like B&Bs and found Adelaide House. It had great reviews and was £55 for a night. I received a text on the day to confirm my arrival time. When I arrived the door was shut but someone came as soon as I rang the bell. I "checked in" and was given keys to the front door and my room. I booked through Adelaide House website which was slightly cheaper than other websites and chose room 25 on the third floor. I was taken up to my room. There is not a lift but it wasn't far. The woman who showed me to my room kindly offered to carry my luggage. The room was a bit on the small size but fine for me. It had a warm feel to it and was very cozy. There was a luggage rack for a suitcase and a desk. I thought the kitkat bar and offer of fresh milk for tea (during certain hours) was a nice touch. The bed was super comfy with lots of pillows/cushions and the shower in the bathroom was powerful. I did not get up in time for breakfast the next morning although I hear it is good! I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Muldr4Scly
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I recently stayed here with my sister, we were greeted with very friendly staff and a lovely warm atmosphere. the room was very clean, modern and the nice personal touches like the kitkat bars were very lovely. the best part about the hotel is the location...right in the heart of a beautiful city! if you are visiting brighton there is no way you could find a better spot. located in a beautiful, historic square and just a short walk from the train station, shopping mall seafront, etc! you are literally no more than 5 minutes away from all the best things brighton has to offer. breakfast was very delicious and we were served imediatley when we went down the next morning by a very polite waitress, we were offered a very wide range of breakfast choices and beverages, my sister and i both had a full breakfast that was very much enjoyed. i was born in brighton but sadly i no longer live in the uk, however everytime i return i wouldnt stay anywhere else! we had a wonderful time and enjoyed returning to the hotel every night it was a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2012

It was fine.... Perhaps a little expensive as it was very basic. I was on the third floor, there were 67 stairs from the breakfast room to my room - I was exhausted! But to be fair, there is ample warning when booking online, to advise of the stairs.
The room was okay, although, I agree with a previous review in that the plastic under the sheets was not good. The shower was hopeless, with hardly any water coming out of it - I wondered if it was because I was so high up! And it was freezing cold during the night.
I've stayed in worse, and I've stayed in better. I don't think the owners do all that they could to make it an experience worth repeating. I, too, noticed the filthy reception room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo