“Wonderfull food, nice prices, but maybe some issue with the service...”
Review of Tookta's Cafe

Tookta's Cafe
Ranked #91 of 1,184 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai cafe` and restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly cafe`, Tookta caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered at Tookta's Sunday Menu, The Office pub, sydney street, Brighton. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's cafe` and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Of course in this restaurant you will eat nice thai food in big portions and you will not need a lot of money. It is a beautiful small restaurant. Some details as the design of the dishes it is also a advantage. So everything is alltight, why only 3/5? Although everyone agrees to the nice general value of the restaurant, the staff is too friendly. It is nice to have a dialogue with the customer, to ask him if everything is allright, to make suggestions about the food, but my experience wasn't so nice in this point. The leading woman was talking to us allthetime and I felt that she was trying to make us to order more..! Which was the reason? It is a famous in Brighton restaurant, why this? I beleive that maybe sometimes they surpass the limits. In my case they overdid it, but this is a subjective issue. I suggest to visit it and form your own opinion..

1  Thank 557JimmyT

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visited over Easter in April, cold, covered in snow. Ben and his Mum were so kind, the food was incredible, one of the best Thai restaurants we have ever been in. More so because the staff are so friendly. They checked how much chili we wanted in each course, awesome, do not hesitate, visit!!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have never been disappointed with the quality of food which is served at Tookta's Cafe.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for its "red curry" which has an exceptional taste.

Unpretentious and authentic "home made" Thai cuisine at its best in Brighton.

1  Thank sacrosanct
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whilst staying in Brighton for the Easter weekend decided to visit after reading other reviews and were definitely not disappointed. Great welcome and service and food was excellent. Staff very friendly and food was cooked to order based on how spicy we wished. We had Penang curry and Green Curry and both were delicious. It was very busy but luckily we managed to get a table :-)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came here for a quiet dinner with my boyfriend and was really impressed. There are a lot of Thai places in Brighton and I've been to most of them, but this is by far the best. We had the shared platter to start, and by the time we finished I hardly had any room for my main! Very fresh food, very well presented. Then I had the green curry, which was just how I always want my green curries to be like! It is a quite small place and looks very quirky from the outside, but is very cosy inside and perfect for romantic meals. They had only just opened for the evening when we arrived, but it soon filled up and very busy by the time we left, so I would recommend getting there early! A real joy of a restaurant!