“Great place - Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tookta's Cafe

Tookta's Cafe
Ranked #62 of 1,041 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai cafe` and restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly cafe`, Tookta caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered at Tookta's Sunday Menu, The Office pub, sydney street, Brighton. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's cafe` and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great place - Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whilst staying in Brighton for the Easter weekend decided to visit after reading other reviews and were definitely not disappointed. Great welcome and service and food was excellent. Staff very friendly and food was cooked to order based on how spicy we wished. We had Penang curry and Green Curry and both were delicious. It was very busy but luckily we managed to get a table :-)

• Visited March 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very sweet and romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came here for a quiet dinner with my boyfriend and was really impressed. There are a lot of Thai places in Brighton and I've been to most of them, but this is by far the best. We had the shared platter to start, and by the time we finished I hardly had any room for my main! Very fresh food, very well presented. Then I had the green curry, which was just how I always want my green curries to be like! It is a quite small place and looks very quirky from the outside, but is very cosy inside and perfect for romantic meals. They had only just opened for the evening when we arrived, but it soon filled up and very busy by the time we left, so I would recommend getting there early! A real joy of a restaurant!

• Visited December 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Small but perfectly formed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Tucked away on what looks like a residential side street is one of the friendliest restaurants I've ever been to. The staff were great and the food was faultless. Great great flavours, very decent portions and pretty tiny prices. Tooktas's is probably only a four star restaurant as the setting, although very charming is a little basic but it's definately a five star cafe and as that's what it advertises itself as, five stars it is. Highly reccomended for a relaxing, chilled out evening with friends. We'll be back!

• Visited March 2013
England
“Awesome Thai green curry but get there early!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited Tookta's in March on a trip to Brighton. We were encouraged by the trip advisor reviews and, had a really good meal there. The menu is limited but, they do a few dishes awesomely well.
The good points:
Best Thai green curry I have EVER eaten. You won't be disappointed.
Friendly service
The not so good points:
The restaurant is very tiny so get there early if you want a table.
They normally don't take bookings unless you are a large group.
I think Tookta's may be a victim of their own success, the food is gorgeous but the staff seemed really rushed off their feet when we were there and were preparing for a very busy night. I would go back but, perhaps not at a weekend as I think I may have enjoyed it more if it were quieter.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, hot-hot-hot food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tookta's Cafe is a little, tucked-away gem off of the main shopping street of Brighton. We decided to give it a go as we really wanted to see if the other reviews were right - and yes, they were.

The service is impeccable - the waiter was polite, encouraging and helpful, as well as being personable. He went out of his way to ensure that our meal was good, and we enjoyed ourselves, recommending beers and dishes for us to try that complemented each other well.

My squid starter was delicious - cooked perfectly, but boy, was it hot! Scorching, in fact - the chillies had been added in high volume. Great for me, but not so great if you're not a fan. The paneang curry was also scorchio, but delicious - the coconut and peanut was just right to offset th heat, even if I did feel the burn! The massaman curry was delicious and like none I'd ever seen before - a smooth, deep brown with loads of fragrant flavour. Still hot, though!

To give them their due, we were told that if you ask the question, the kitchen are happy to tone it down - can't say fairer than that. However, I recommend you order as is - it may be tough at first, but once you get past the heat, the food is exceptional.

The place itself is tiny and intimate and a great place to go on a date - I fully recommend it. The price is right, too!

• Visited February 2013