“Love this charming Thai cafe for its well-priced authentic food and relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Tookta's Cafe

Tookta's Cafe
Ranked #17 of 1,217 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai cafe` and restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly cafe`, Tookta caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered at Tookta's Sunday Menu, The Office pub, sydney street, Brighton. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's cafe` and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I really look forward to eating here when I come into Brighton from Lewes. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and I'm happy to eat here on my own at lunchtime as a break from a shopping trip. It's also brilliant in the evening for a an extended meal with family or friends, the meal accompanied by wine and candlelight. It's authentic Thai food at very good prices and without a stuffy formal restaurant atmosphere. You can see Tookta and her assistants cooking everything fresh to order. Also pleased that it has sorted out its opening hours, as there was some confusion recently. Open every evening seven days a week, all day Saturday and Sunday.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Having read the reviews by other people me and my partner thought we would make a visit to this restaurant on a resent trip to brighton. We booked a table for 8 on the 18th of march which we arrived about five minutes before , we were told our table hadn't finished and to come back in about 10 minutes. So we left had a wonder around came back at 8.10 to find the people who had been sitting at our table had left , but a new couple where now sitting in our seat. It took us about 30 mins to walk to the restaurant ,a total waste of time and effort. A member of staff had said sorry for this and asked us to wait another 10 / 15 mins but we refused as we were really hungary and very annoyed about how we had been treated. Totally unprofessional and lack off communication between members of staff.

7  Thank collkate
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I could write about how good the food is here all day. I won't, but seriously it's soo good here, I keep going back again and again. The food is without doubt the best thai food I've tasted in this country. Every thai restaurant in Brighton pales in comparison to the flavours and freshness of the food here; the starters, the curries, the noodle dishes, just....wow. The veggies are so fresh, the meat and seafood perfect and I wish I knew exactly how they make their dishes! It's such great value for what you get, great relaxed cozy ambience and wonderful service with a smile.

We could not ask for more from a dining experience. GO HERE NOW!!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

I must have first gone to Tookta's cafe summer of last year and have been back more than 5 times since. Each time, the meals are excellent, the service is good and, for what you're getting, it's equally good value.

Tookta is a brilliant host, too, and last night I was pleased to hear from her that they are now open 7 days a week, including lunch times. Hurrah!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Wow! This place is brilliant, great food, lovely owner and well worth looking for (it's not easy to find)!
We found this restaurant through Tripadvisor and it was well worth it.
The food was amazing, full of flavour, good spicing and as good as I have eaten in Thailand.
"Mrs Tookta" came out to chat with us, she was so friendly and spent time chatting about Thailand and the food.
If you come to Brighton and need food (Thai of course), visit here, you will not be disappointed.