“Great for a weekend break”

Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Great for a weekend break”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband for 2 nights after finding a special offer in the Metro for £165 including breakfast for both mornings and dinner on 1 night.
We could not have been more happy with our stay. On the Friday evening we had dinner in the restaurant which was delicious. My mushroom soup to start was very tasty and fresh and my husbands pizza what in his words perfect.
Breakfast is served from 8-12 which in my opinion is a lot later than most hotels, great if you are a late sleeper! Also check out wasnt until 12, again later than in other hotels weve stayed. A welcome difference however.
Overall we were pleased with the hotel, it's food and staff. The location is fairly good too.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maxsmumma
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Maxsmumma,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel on Trip Advisor. Its always a pleasure to receive such fantastic and encouraging feedback.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me directly

Peter Nye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Never stayed in Brighton before but was very impressed with this hotel,having read some of the reviews we were a little unsure what to expect.
Our room was 311 seafront view and it had a lovely big bathroom it couldn't of been done long ago as it was still shining.
The bed was huge and very comfortable the towels fluffy and clean,the only down side to the room would be the tv as it was an old hotel tv rather than a modern free view one.......
The staff were very polite and the breakfast was very beautiful with plenty to chose from we would most definitely come back again.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ale_Ian_8

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night in November. The hotel is in an excellent location a short walk from the train station, close to shops and right on the promenade. The breakfast was good and there was a good selection, the staff were friendly. The rooms are kitted out with the usual amenities, tea/coffee facilities and a hair dryer. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was slightly warm, but opening the two windows was enough.

Careful which room you are given though, as even on the third floor a colleague of mine was disturbed during the late evening by the wedding reception downstairs!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Andrew E,

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant, always going the extra mile to give you a top rate service. The room on our last stay210 has a great sea views, is very spacious and comfortable, with a king bed and a large bath room. The food at breakfast and dinner is of a high standard and excellent quality well presented and with a good choice, we were always looked after by dedicated staff who were very helpful and friendly .a great stay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms at the front of the hotel are great if you like to see life going by. request one of...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Baron P,

It is always encouraging when the Staff at the hotel are mentioned for their hard work and dedication.I will be discussing your feedback with the team, to whom I know will be equally delighted with your feedback, and will serve as a motivator for them.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 14 month old last weekend. We did get an absolute bargain on a star deal through booking.com so wasn't expecting anything too glam. As I was attending a conference on the Friday we arrived quite early, I phoned ahead and reception had our room changed and moved the cot so that my husband could settle my daughter for her nap. Staff were lovely and accommodating.
Room was spacious and clean, ok, the view was pretty rubbish but I wasn't expecting a sea view for the price I paid! Stayed two comfortable nights and would def stay again. Had a fab weekend and would recommend Jamie's for dinner and JB's for a super unhealthy milkshake - but gosh it was good!!

Stayed October 2013
Dear CathyS1973,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel on Trip Advisor. Its always a pleasure to receive such fantastic and encouraging feedback feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here with my husband (birthday) and son 1 night on the 29/10/13. Lovely hotel and excellent check in, stayed in room 412 on 4th floor which overlooked the sea and was really comfortable with wifi and movies on demand. Nespresso coffee machine was a nice touch. 10 minutes walk to pier and the lanes. Ate at Jamie Oliver Italian which was delicious. Spotless room and breakfast the next morning was excellent with hard working friendly serving staff but the room was very hot. We would not hesitate to stay here again on our next trip to Brighton. The only things we would like in the room if we were guests staying longer would be a safe and a mini bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Foster3960,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here two nights during the storm of 28 Oct 2013 and it was really a clean comfortable hotel with very aimable staff. Beautiful staircase and very close to all you could wish for on the seafront in Brighton. Absolutely no negative comments and I will definitely go back next time I'm in Brighton. Ok as some of the comments suggest it may be a little bit dated . But that adds to the charm and to find a hotel with style, comfort and friendliness in Brighton is not so easy. Thanks, I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Beanstalk_12,