“Fantastic”

Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked through 3rd party as a late room. Was able to upgrade to sea facing room with balcony on arrival. Was able to lay in bath and look out to sea. Room 112.

Greek restaurant up the road was great and was able to get a car parking spot.

Would have liked cocktails on the bar menu.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew-Huddart, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Essex_Girls_11
Thank you for taking the time to write a quick review after your stay with us at the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel.
It was ‘fantastic’ for me to read your review and I was pleased that you enjoyed the upgrade!
Thanks once again and we hope to see you soon.
Matt

There are newer reviews for Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I found the location of the hotel fantastic and the rooms clean,but would not be rushing back..

The parking facilities were an absoule disgrace. This hotel has in excess of 200 bedrooms but only 40 car park spaces. You are asked to pay £15 per night upfront for your car space and if you do not get one you have to park elsewhere where the charge can be approx £25 per night. If you do not get a hotel space you are refunded your money, but not unitl you checkout. The fact that you are not told this at the time of booking is crazy.

The other exception was one receptionist in particular who I found to be quite rude. While my husband was looking elsewhere for a car space I stayed in the hotel to get our room sorted. I had 2 small suitcases, 2 jackets and a backpack to carry to the 2nd floor. I am nearly 7 months pregnant and the receptionist did not even offer to get me any help, instead I had to carry everything on my own.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Matthew-Huddart, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Clodrum
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hotel.
I was saddened to read that that you were not aware of the parking situation at the Hotel. We do aim to promote that we only have limited spaces for the 117 bedrooms at the Hotel and try to accommodate as many guests as possible in our facility. Like most Hotels all guest’s have the opportunity to open a hotel ‘account’ on arrival so that any payments can be settled on departure and I am also sorry if this was not explained to you.
It’s really disappointing that you did not feel you received our usual high level of service and attentiveness from the Reception team. If you would like to get in contact with me directly I will ensure that I investigate this further.
In the meantime I hope that you might come back and try us again, and please do feel free to contact me if you are thinking of returning.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We found this hotel to be very nice, being in an excellent location, with good service & lovely rooms. The maids who cleaned the rooms on our floor were extremely helpful & friendly.
I only have 2 very minor things that I will mention in the hope of improvement for other guests:
1) The pastries at breakfast were rock hard
2) I paid for the room in advance, then had to go to reception to pay for most things after that, as I was not offered an account
Bottom line is, that I would recommend this hotel to a friend & I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear 171MarriedLady
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us it is most appreciated.
It was encouraging to read that you experienced our usual high level of cleanliness and 4* customer service.
Thank you for highlighting areas for improvement – we do listen and do as much as possible to deliver on a consistent basis!
I’m really pleased that you feel you’d recommend us to others (please do!) and we hope we can welcome you back with more smiles sometime soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Mecure Brighton for 1 night after visiting the Brighton Centre. The hotel was very good value for money and located right on the sea front! Although a little dated and felt like being on a ship walking through the corridors from the carpet the hotel was clean and pleasant!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BenH0
Thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review of your recent stay at the Mercure Brighton Seafront.
It was great to read that you received ‘everything you needed’ and felt your experience was great value.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Brighton Centre and we’ll see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in April 1013.

The good points were:

The seafront location was great and there were good views of the sea from the bar and restaurant.

The bed was very comfortable with soft pillows.

It is about a 25 min walk to the town and the Royal Pavilion.

The less favourable points were:

The bathroom did not have any heating in it.

The bar is not big enough and we had to sit in a furnished Reception to have our drinks.

However, overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jude76
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to read that you found us a ‘relaxing place to stay’ and thank you for your balanced comments.
It was great to hear you found your bed very comfortable and enjoyed the fantastic sea views from the bar and restaurant.
At times the bar can get busy and I hope you were still able to enjoy your drinks in the lobby.
Thank you for saying you’d come back again and we do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I and family and friends stayed at the Mercure Brighton hotel for my son, John's wedding to Lucia. I made a week of it and whilst nervous about the whole event I was soon rested and thanks to the staff and management had a wonderful time as did all my family and friends who came down from Cardiff and other wedding guests who travelled from all over the UK. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff; they met all our needs with a smile each time. The food was excellent, superb location and great housekeeping for the bedrooms and the public areas. Restaurant menu and service was of the highest standard and the bar, like the Restaurant, was well located at the front of the hotel with superb views of the promenade and sea. The Wedding Breakfast was fantastic, with delicious food, superbly served in a beautifully dressed and lit Ballroom. Thank you to the whole team for making a very important time something to treasure and for making us all feel so special.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MargaretJones52
Thank you for your most valued review of your recent stay and attended Wedding at Mercure Brighton Seafront.
Hopefully you’re still feeling a very proud Mum after your Son’s wedding and I was delighted to read that your experience here with us exceeded all your expectations.
Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the food, quality and above all service delivered by the team!
We hope the memories of your stay will be with you for some time and we would be thrilled to welcome you back sometime soon to deliver our same high level of quality and service.
In the meantime thank you again.
Regards

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night, 2 adults & 2 children in a family room.
The room (254) was a great size, very clean & well equipped. The breakfast was adequate but unfortunately as a family we have been spoilt as we usually stay at the Hilton Metropole & there is just no comparison between the two.
We couldn't get a space in the car park so had to park in the very expensive NCP, which wasn't ideal when having to deal with two small children and the luggage.
We paid £189 for one night. Personally I wouldn't pay this again, but my husband was doing the marathon and on this occasion it worked for us.
Reception staff were helpful & polite.
25 minute walk down to the Pier, but you do have the wonderful seafront & splash park very close by.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leanne S
Matthew-Huddart, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Leanne S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the great size of one of our family bedrooms.
I’m sorry we were not able to find you a space in our car park. The Marathon weekend is one of the busiest of the year and we do try to assist as many guests as possible in our limited facility.
Thank you for your comments regarding the service received from the Reception team here.
I was also pleased that you pointed out the great children’s play area just across the road from the Hotel. Now we’ve seen some sunshine this is a great place for Children to run around play and splash!
Hopefully we might be able to welcome you and your family back again soon.