Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$145
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$141
$194
$179
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$90
$85
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Blanch House(Brighton)
Free cancellation until 05/30
$122
$168
$163
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$75
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Hotel du Vin(Brighton)
Free cancellation until 06/02
$156
$150
Travelocity
1,975 results
All reviewssea frontbrighton seafrontboth morningsvery pleasant staypublic areascomfy beda sea view roomweekend breakcooked breakfastfull englishpierstaircase
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the 23rd February for one night and I felt like I had to write this to tell you guys NOT to bother wasting your hard earned money staying here!

I read all the other reviews and booked it anyway, wish I hadn't!

When we arrived the reception staff were friendly and the check in was very quick. This was the only pro.

The room was tiny for the price we paid, apparently it was a 'nicer' room so I would have hated to see the nasty rooms. There was not really space for two people to move around at the same time.

We then got woken up several times at 2-5am by other drunk rowdy guests slamming doors, taking showers, running down the corridor. If you are thinking of booking this hotel for a 'romantic' stay then don't, please book at Hotel Una instead.

I should also mention the hotel is a really really long walk from anything. Please book somewhere else!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Matthew-Huddart, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear ftill123

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I have already emailed you directly with my personal apologies and response to feedback however for the purposes of other reviewers I should like to respond to your on-line review.

It was pleasing to read that you received our usual friendly and warm welcome to the Hotel although clearly I am saddened by both the title of your review and that you were not entirely happy with your stay.

As I have previously responded our rooms do vary in size and outlook and we do aim to ensure that all rooms meet guest expectations.

It was also a bit disappointing that the behaviour of other guests interrupted your stay. As a hotel we do as much as possible to control the behaviour of all our guests and sometimes it is a matter of taking action as soon as we are made aware. Again I’m sorry that we couldn’t do a little more to stop this affecting your stay.

Finally, I believe the Hotel is ideally located just far enough away from what can be the very lively night time economy, and am sorry that you felt this was too far for you.

I do hope that both my personal responses with help you think about coming back to us again – please let me know and I’ll happy deal with your requirements personally.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I came here for a girls weekend trip to Brighton and unfortunately was disappointed.

Starting on a good note, the staff were all courteous, friendly and helpful and the location on the seafront was pretty good.

However, the room was pretty rubbish. Funnily enough we were number 101 so that said it all really. Wasn't expecting luxury but it was very tired and small, had to edge sideways around the bed to get around the room. View from window was a wall and fire escape but I guess sea views are for those in superior rooms. Small bathroom with no bath just shower (and there was a hair in shower when we arrived, always a bit icky). Bed was fairly comfy. TV flat screen but not many channels and no menu or guide to see what programmes were on. Tried to open window for some fresh air but they were painted shut.

The worst though was that the room was also very cold, a tiny sized radiator under the window which sometimes worked but sometimes when it was turned up to max it was cold or luke warm. We told reception and they did bring us a plug in heater which helped but was hoping they would have moved us into another room as it was a really cold weekend.

Breakfast was average, not a bad buffet selection but no fresh options. Also tea was not great, tasted like it was made from a water heater machine rather than freshly boiled water. A god cup of tea can make up for a lot of things and this let them down too unfortunately

So all in all big great, I've stayed at worse and staff were good, but I wish we'd stayed at a nice B&B for the same price

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear genjokan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the service received from the team here and the location of the Hotel.

Thank you also for taking the time to complete our satisfaction survey after you departed which I have personally responded to separately.

Clearly, you were disappointed with your room and I’m sorry that we couldn’t do that bit more to make your stay meet your expectations.

We do offer a variety of cooked items to order for breakfast and I’m sorry if this wasn’t brought to your attention.

Hopefully you might considering trying us again – if you do please let me know in the first instance by getting in touch with me at the Hotel.

In the meantime

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good and Bad.

We have stayed at The Mercure on the 03/02/2013 for a weekend break. The internet rate was very good, £140.00 for two nights.
We were given room 251, by a very pleasant receptionist. The room was nice and clean. Perfect for the price, I needed the internet, so I bought some credit online, only to found that the speed was so bad, (35 minute to open one Email), so I call the reception and was told very abruptly that the internet is subcontracted and there is nothing that can be done. The TV only had 2 clear channels, the rest was like watching TV from the 1930’s.
Now the fun part, from 6.00 am we had the pleasure of deliveries (we realise that were just above the delivery door!), none stop until I went downstairs to complain, the Duty Manager (the Head Housekeeper) was very good, professional, and friendly. We were moved to room 262, larger room with a communal balcony. Again tried the internet, and this time I needed a pass code from reception, so called and I received the almost obsessive answer, “sorry sir we need your credit card”. Very unhelpful, as well as they is practically no 3G available.

We went to bed around 1.00am, only to be woken up at 3am by banging on our windows by the occupant from the room opposite, completely drunk from a hen Party offering obscene view of private parts.

We tried the breakfast, but the queue was so long, we gave up.
Now if you stay at the Mercure Sea Front what you need to consider:
Avoid room 250-251-252, and the same all the way up, avoid the place if you need access to the internet, and god help us this the hen and stag parties.
The last point, we parked the car, and paid for tow nights (£30), the only thing they forgot to mentioned was that the car park was so small, and as we used our car on Saturday all the spaces were gone on our return, and we had nowhere to park!!, a refund was out of the question.
Will definitely pay more next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jp M

Thank you for taking the time to write a balanced review of your recent experience at the Hotel.

It was pleasing to read that you were happy with your room and found it to be ‘nice and clean’ and that your arrival experience was pleasant.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding your dealings with the Guest Care Manager on duty, although I am sorry if you didn’t find your other queries dealt with as helpful.

We appreciate the importance of internet connection for all travellers and the good news is that our Wi-Fi and internet upgrade is nearly complete and should be fully up and running shortly. In the meantime we continue to offer complimentary access in the public areas.

It was really disappointing to read that you were disturbed by other guest and once again I am sorry that we were not able to do more to stop this happening.

I will investigate with my Management team regarding the parking charges and situation and where necessary make the necessary arrangements to contact to resolve any charges – we don’t try to charge if not taken so and I will put this right with you if necessary.

Thank you once again and I hope that your may decided to take advantages of our special offers in the future and come back and see us.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great location for my freind and I to stay as we were competing in the Half Marathon on the Sunday. Friendly staff and extremely helpful, they let us leave our car for as long as we needed to in their carpark on the Sunday even though we had checked out.
Lady on reception who's name begins with C was most helpful as I had forgotten something essential for my run and she helped me out
Definitely would stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TheDimples

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful ‘short and sweet’ review of your stay with us.

In particular I thank you for highlighting the ongoing efforts of the team here – it was great to read that you found them ‘friendly and extremely helpful’

Thank you also for the mention of the individual ‘C’ on reception I will make sure her service in helping you out is rewarded!

I hope you achieved a great time for your run and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked the package wedding deal and I have to say it was well worth the expense.
From initial planning to the big day itself ,the wedding coordinator had everything in hand.On the day itself she (Sophie) and the team ran the whole day like clockwork. The whole staff team were organised,attentive, friendly, and very helpful. Our friends and family are seasoned travellers and commented on the staff, the service, the hotel, and the food.
We stayed in the wedding suite which was perfect and felt very decadent. Other friends had less impressive rooms (some were very small and quite basic) but as we all spent such little time in our rooms this did not detract from the enjoyment. If you are planning a reasonably priced wedding venue i cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. If you are planning a wedding there, do also use their recommended disco man (DiscoFever.) We used him, and it was perfect. From this, if you are asked if you want to have a photo booth at your evening reception say YES! Much better than traditional photos, half the price, and twice the fun! Hotel, discoFever and photo booth all recommended 100% !

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room- May be worth paying that little bit extra for.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon m
Firstly, may I take this opportunity to personally congratulate you on your recent marriage!
Thank you for your glowing review following your event with us and in particular thank you for your kind words regarding the organisation of the day – feedback goes a long way as encouragement for what we all strive to achieve here!
We agree that our Wedding and Event packages represent fantastic value and combined with some the key partners we work with we aim to deliver more than expected!
Thank you once again and hope to see you back for your anniversary next year.