“Comfortable, Wonderful and Delightful.”

Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, Wonderful and Delightful.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My Family and I stayed in the Mercure hotel in Brighton just a few days ago, we had a Luxurious room with comfortable beds and a sea view. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was at a good standard, we recommend the tomatoes (very yummy) :) The hotel was not very far from the new pier so we had a great couple of hours going on rides and pennie machines. :D Overall it was a very nice trip, I recommend this hotel to Families who want a short break in luxury.
I hope this review is useful :)
Thank you for reading :D.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent as it was quiet and had a sea view, although you could still hear the Traffic...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Celeste J
Matthew-Huddart, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Celeste J
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you had a ‘Wonderful’ family stay with us and enjoyed the extra luxury from your Executive Feature room.
Thank you in particular for your kind words regarding the service received as well as you experience at breakfast.
I was glad you enjoyed your time on the Pier and it sounds like you immersed yourself in a good old fashioned sea side trip!
Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.
Matthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My famil and I stayed here for a 2 night break on Jubkee rates. An excellent choice, the hotel was clean and breakfast good. All the staff were friendly and most helpful. the bedrooms were more than adequate for our vist and I woul thoroughly recomend this hotel for a weekend break in brighton

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sara G
Dear Sara G
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at Mercure Brighton Seafront.
I was pleased to read that you made an ‘Excellent choice’ for your 2 night stay and Jubilee break with your family.
Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the Hotel!
Hope we can welcome you back in the same friendly way sometime soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for two night on 3rd and 4th June 2012. Great location, excellent sea view room. Staff friendly and helpful and nothing to much trouble. Breakfast good. This is a good hotel to stay for a trip to Brighton as it is close to the pier. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Book the exective sea view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear twosteaks

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review of your stay at the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, it is much appreciated.

It was great to read that you were really happy with your sea view room and you received our usual level of friendly and helpful service.

Thank you for rating us ‘Excellent’ and I hope that it won’t be too long before we see you again.

Warm regards

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My initial room was very average and dated, however upon noticing the smoke alarm had a showercap over it (thanks smokers) they promptly changed me to a much nicer room, sans shower cap on the smoke alarm. The room set up was much better for work and away from the noise of the bar/ball room. The bathroom was old and in need of a refurb and there was no water pressure. The wifi in the main reception area is fine, but there is no wifi in any of the rooms. The staff are very friendly and I had great service the entirety of the stay. To be honest, the staff are the best part about this hotel. Location wise, the hotel is about 15 - 20 min walk from the pier and is away from the main noise of the hens/bachelor parties on a sat night.

There is no airconditioning in the rooms - so I imagine it could get very hot in summer. We had 25 deg weather and it was warm already in the room.

Food is pretty good and they had a reasonable selection at breakfast.

Overall it was an ok stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aust_abroad592
Dear 1traveller_1982
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review after your stay with us.
I was sorry to read that you had to move rooms after arrival and was pleased that we were able to offer you an alternative.
As you state we do currently offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the public areas and we do have an ongoing project to look into providing a service throughout the Hotel.
We agree that our location is just right being a short stroll away from the centre and generally in a quieter part of the City.
All of the images we are currently using are recent although due to the age of the building all of our rooms vary and it’s not possible to include all of these.
It was rewarding to read that you felt that the team here were the best part of your stay and thank you for comments about the friendly service for the entirety of your stay. Your words go a long way in the efforts we make!
Thank you once again and we hope that we might we you if you are in Brighton in the future.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at the Mercure for a hen party. The location is great, right on the beach, however I think the prices are not reflective of the standard here. In a room supposedly for 4 of us, two of us had to sleep on fold out sofa beds, which for the price we paid is appalling. The sofa beds have thin mattresses no more than a couple of inches think and I feel like the metal part of the bed is embedded in my back! The breakfast is lovely and the staff are helpful. The rooms were also clean but with tired decor. If I were to visit Brighton again, I doubt very much that ibwould return to the Mercure.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear BWill86
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us.
I was pleased to note that you thought the location of the hotel was great and that the hotel was overall ‘Nice’.
As you may be aware Brighton is a hugely popular place for weekend stays and all of the rates in City tend to reflect this on a Friday & Saturday. This said I was sorry that you were not satisfied with the room allocated to you, and confirm that we only have 2 ‘family’ rooms which feature a double bed and 2 sofa beds.
Thank you for your kind comment regarding the ‘lovely’ breakfast and the ‘helpful’ service from the staff.
Overall I hope that you had an enjoyable celebration weekend away and if you are thinking of coming back to Brighton, please do speak to us so we can make arrangements for your next stay.
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Booked into this hotel for a wedding weekend. What a terrible place and really bad treatment of disabled guests.

When we booked we were not told that there was a £15 per night charge for parking and on top of that, our friends that required the use of the disabled parking were also charged for parking.

The rooms are far too small for two adults and the bath was so small you could not sit in it without having your knees in your chin.

Rooms are so tight we could here all around us, including doors slamming.

Great seafront location but the lack of tact with parking would have me recommend you stay away and spend your money elsewhere.

VERY POOR SHOW

Room Tip: bring your ear defenders
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew-Huddart, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Ivan b b
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.
I was sorry to learn that you were not aware of the parking charges at the Hotel before you arrived and I can offer you my assurances that we do try to be transparent with all our pricing.
As many other reviewers have indicated, parking is at a premium throughout the City of Brighton and our nightly charge is very competitive compared to other Hotels, on street and municipal facilities.
I was also sorry to learn that the room allocated to you did not meet you expectations. Our rooms do vary in terms of size and am sorry that we were not able to offer you an alternative for your stay with us.
We do genuinely promote fair treatment of all our valued guests and I am sincerely sorry that my team were unable to make you more comfortable.
If you need to return to Brighton please do contact me directly so I can personally demonstrate my commitment to guest satisfaction.
Matthew

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels