“Location & parking only good thing”
Review of Preston Park Hotel

Preston Park Hotel
Ranked #39 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great that you have a place to park the car & get around easy, but that all that is going for it really.
The English dragon at reception clearly doesn't care & I would recommend management either put her out to graze or train her on what customer service is all about. So rude. She was so unhelpful in tracking down at ironing board & iron & made doubly sure I knew I was paying for room only & breakfast wasn't included.
Rooms are adequate, food looked basic and was only of the bar snack variety.
All in all pretty poor. Would only return if I was desperate.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Paulmarshall18

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here last year. It was a disaster from the moment I stepped in, until I left the building. This was my first ever trip to Brighton, and I wish I had researched the hotels in the area before choosing this horrific place. On arrival, there was no one at reception - in fact there was no one to be seen downstairs, and I was left to 'admire' the wipeable plastic sofas in reception. Ten minutes of fun later, a receptionist finally arrived, who was rude and unapologetic for the wait. She demanded payment on arrival and no help was offered with my bags. The room was dated and dirty, with a stale smell of cooking oil. The mattress was hard and lumpy, but at least it encouraged me not to stay in the bed a second longer than necessary, and allowed me time to get drunk, to forget the whole experience. Breakfast consisted of greasy chips with a cooked greasy breakfast, but thank goodness for the Sainsbury's across the road - LIFESAVER. The evening menus were unfaceable, the choice was terrible and everything was delivered in a bowl, like I was a dog.

What a horrible place.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Arthur1234567890
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in this hotel for one night, check in was adequate. Room was excellent with good shower, trouser press and the usual facilities you would expect. Very clean, let down by a missing door knob on wardrobe that would of cost very little to put right. Attention to detail!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for an overnight businesstrip andit was booked last minute and chosen for position and cost.
It has free parking which is notalways the case these days.
My room was large and had a large bathroom. It needs some refurbishment and a new bed since it was quite hard. The hotel itself has a strange layout in my opinion.
I was very pleased withbreakfast which was freshly cooked to order, which is a very rare thing these days

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel was a late booking and we got it at a good rate. The window could not be opened and we found it a little stuffy. My overall impression of the hotel is that it is a little tired and requires some TLC. The room we had was clean and suited our needs. Unfortunately there were some loud mouthed and inconsiderate residents on the same floor, shouting and door slamming was a little annoying. The breakfast was excellent and very good value.The staff were polite efficient and very helpful I would stay there again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChesterGraham
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Lots of +ves . Out of town so free parking and you can jump a bus from right outside into the town within 10 mins. Room was clean, recently updated and good facilities . Full English breakfast was good quality to - cooked to order all for £34.
Only few -ves. Outside road is the main A23 London Rd to busy , noisy from early. I did ask in advance for a quie room but higher paying guests probably got those away from the front road. Also no temperature control for the bedroom heating, but the heating seemed to go off in the early hours so wasn't a big issue.

Room Tip: Get a room at the rear to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The Preston park hotel in Brighton what can I say it has everything there you want, clean rooms, a restaurant and bar. I mean this place is ideal for me that's why it's my fourth time back here. I love it because its out of town so I don't here all the noise but yet it's still close enough to walk into town for a pint or I even go for a nice long run, there's. plenty of parking and the restaurant is open till half nine so I always try to stay here but lol but I would like to see the menu change even if it's just a little it is starting to get a bit boring.
I have only had one thing to moan about here and that was I asked for something for my breakfast and got something completely different but I don't sound myself in the morning lol so maybe that was it.

• Stayed: January 2013