1,869 results
All reviews sea view sea front limited parking breakfast staff would stay again full english pleasant stay west pier brighton centre regency square breakfast was included seafront
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I thought the staff at this hotel were all lovely,very professional and accomadating.....the room however was very basic not clean there was a thick line of dust on the tiles in the bathroom and hair in the bath only 1 towel for 2 people and very basic and lacklustre rooms ..there were black smears on the walls that could easily be sorted if a little more care and attention were taken .....the worst part though are the paper thin walls,spent most of the night till 4.30 in the morning listening to next door on the phone talking it was awful ......this place could be amazing but needs money investing in it ...would not stay here again

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Emely A, Operations Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I was really sorry to see that you were disappointed with the quality of your visit ,and that your expectations were not met throughout. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issue you experienced.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

We were somewhat alarmed when we arrived as, though very friendly, the reception staff seemed rather ineffective. After waiting for our room to be ready - no problem as we were early, I had to remind them we were waiting as they forgot to tell us when it was ready. They didn't tell us where the room was located until I went back to ask. They didn't point out that the lift would not take us all the way to our floor and they forgot to give us our keycard.
Also, although I'd booked a twin room for two people, only one set of towels was out and the other bath sheet I found in the wardrobe had black marks on it. However, when I went to the lady cleaning rooms, she immediately apologised and replaced it.
The next morning at breakfast, only one person was marked down for our room however, yet again that was quickly and politely rectified.
From then on our stay went very well. All the staff we met were most friendly and helpful and we found our room clean and well supplied on our return every day.
The breakfasts were freshly prepared and all we required and all the staff serving were particularly friendly and helpful.
Best of all, every time we returned after an evening out we were greeted by the most charming evening staff. They made us feel most welcome and were always happy to serve us with any drinks or snacks we asked for and we felt quite at home.
We decided that the reception staff we initially met may well have been new and just requiring some guidance and we are glad to say that overall, our stay at Kings Hotel was a success and we would recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: book earlier than we did
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review on tripadvisor.

I must apologise for your shaky start and any disappointment you experienced when you arrived at the hotel, however I am pleased to read that overall, you really enjoyed your stay.

I am happy to hear how friendly and helpful you found the staff, its always lovely to hear comments like this as we take great pride in our teams friendly and professional approach to our guests. I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed your breakfast in the hotel. Please make sure to contact us directly when you plan another visit so we can tell you about the added benefits you will receive for being a returning guest.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

I stayed here for business, and wanted a central location for a good price which is what this hotel delivered.

The room was very hot, but to be expected for this time of year however the window only opened about 2 inches.

It was clean and what I expected from a basic hotel, but the room I had looked like at some point it would have been cupboard as it was long and thin with a view out the window of the wall of the next property.

I would stay here again for the price, but with a bit of shopping around I expect I could find a better hotel even if that means sacrificing a seafront location.

Also be aware there was no parking that I could find so stayed in an underground carpark opposite the BA tower experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear how you enjoyed the central location of our hotel.
To comply with our hotels health and safety policy , our bedroom windows are restricted to no more that 10cm opening, however we do supply fans upon request. Unfortunately we only have limited parking, served on a first come first served basis , I am sorry it was already full upon your arrival.
If you wish to stay with us again, please contact the hotel directly to hear the added benefits you will receive for being a returning guest.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We booked a sea-view room and that's what we got, a fabulous view from our first floor room. It had a balcony, but we couldn't walk out onto it as that would've given us access to the rooms either side of us, which shared the balcony; this was a bit disappointing.
The room was lovely and clean, large and comfortable; the bed was also large and very comfortable.
Breakfast was adequate, but could've had more variety of cereals and sweet items, there were no pastries or croissants, for example. Still, it was nicely presented and staff were very attentive and helpful.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
King's Hotel is a very good hotel, right over the road from the British Airways 360 viewing tower, central to everything worth seeing and doing in Brighton.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annette C

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read how you had such a comfortable stay in your room and how you enjoyed the central location of the hotel. It is always lovely to hear such positive feedback about our team being so friendly and helpful.

We offer discounts and other benefits to returning guests who book with us directly; therefore, should you come back in the future do not hesitate to contact us, either via phone or email.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Stayed for one night, Chose it because it was close to the Brighton Centre. For £120 for mid week, off season I would have expected more than just a Sea View. The hotel is very dated and I doubt it's had anything serious done to it for 50 year apart from repainting. There were places that hadn't been dusted for a long time and there was evidence of patching in the dining room ceiling. The bar was tiled and very mirrory so it looked like a pool bar from a1990s Spanish resort. The bedroom was basic, kettle, tea, coffee, 3 fun sized digestives and a hair dryer seemed to be the only luxuries, if one counts handwash and towels as essentials that is. The bar was poorly stocked and obviously very overpriced. On the plus side the Staff were incredibly good, especially at breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, this was rather a lacklustre affair, I had a full english that was rather, well, lacklustre. It consisted of a chipolata (and I mean that literally), a small pool of beans, micro mushrooms, a small rasher of back bacon, and half a tomato. There was also white and brown bread available to toast with the standard cartons of marmalade, jam, marmite, etc. along with 3 standard breakfast cereals. For drinks there was a choice of juice orange, orange or orange; together with coffeee and tea.

They put extras on everything, the parking (of which there was none was charged at £20 a day, if you wanted to stay past checkout its £5 per person per night and £25 for a dog!

The best thing about it was the view but sadly due to poor room ventillation after I had a shower in the morning the windows didnt stop misting up even when they were towelled down, so the even that was a 5 minute wonder.

This place offered the absolute minimum and I won't be staying there again unless I absolutely have to and I can't in all good faith recommend it when there are so many other hotels in Brighton. I would look at some of the boutiquy hotels in the roads coming off the sea front. There were a few in Regents Park, which is handy because that's where the underground car parking is which cost me £16 from 3pm to 12pm the next day.

Room Tip: Sea view room on 4th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple