“Ok, not bad but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kings Hotel

Kings Hotel
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Derby, UK
“Ok, not bad but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Good location, about 10 mins seafront walk from the centre of Brighton. It seems that car parking needs to be arranged in advance because we originally parked in the hotels car park but were asked to move by a member of hotel staff to a car park in Regency Square which cost £20 a day.
The room was of a good standard, breakfast was fine and staff were helpful and friendly when checking in and out.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank maccaderby242

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Sidcup, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Arrived to discover no parking facilty available, yet was told on the telephone there is .....was taken up 4 sets of stairs because the lift was not working, to a small dark dismal room with filthy carpet and chipped damaged furniture. I asked to change the room and said to the man that I had requested a sea view room and had been told by a lady receptionist that it would be okay. he replied that there are no ladies working at the Hotel, and took me to another room, even up higher on the top floor, this room although had a window, was still dirty and disgusting, with views of a side of a building!,,,i threw my bags on the bed and went out for a walk. Upon my return there were birds flying around the room and pooing all over the walls!,,,,,,I felt sick, got a refund and left,,,it was like the Hitchcock thriller "Birds"............................sorry guys you really must step up if you want to attract more visitors,,,even cleaning the carpets would be a start.....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I was disappointed to read your review. The hotel has limited parking which is on a first come first served basis. This is highlighted on our website and all other third party websites. Having reviewed your booking there was no request for a sea view and in advance all sea view room carry a suppliment. Unfortunately the lift was out of order on the day you arrived and we were waiting for an the engineer to arrive to repair. A pigeon did get into your room when your window was opened which is the first time something like this has happened. The team would have cleaned the room for you or offered you an alternative similar room however you decided you wished to leave and called your husband to come and collect you. I apologise that the lift was out of order for your arrival although the team carrier everyone luggage until it was repaired and the pidgeon incident was unusual thing to happen.

Iain Lindsay

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Friendly Welcome and accommodating my requests with a smile. Well cooked breakfast. Don't skimp. This is a must at the price. Rooms beautifully clean and all the facilities worked. And the bonus of a good nights sleep. I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks for the great review and I look forward to you returning in the future.

Earby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

we chanced upon this hotel by accident - we saw people enjoying the sunshine outside and thought 'lets try this one'. We are glad we did, the last hotel we stayed at in Brighton was shall we say 'basic' and yet this hotel was less per night and included breakfast!!! The staff are very friendly and helpful, yes the lift wasn't working but the exercise up the stairs was nothing, we were on the 2nd floor. The room was nice and clean and had everything we needed, the breakfast was freshly cooked and very tasty, again served by very pleasant and attentive staff. Next time in Brighton we are staying here, thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: it may be a better view from the front rooms but i am guessing its quieter at the back!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks for your kind words about the team who do try to make every guests enjoy their stay. I apologise the lift was out of order but pleased to say all back working again. I look forward to you returning in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Me and my friends picked this hotel for a 1 night stay as it had a quadruple room.

Not too far away from the pier, pleasant reception and bar area with ok prices in the bar.

Our room flooring was rather uneven causing the furniture to shake and rattle.

Unfortunately the lift was not working so after a word with the manager we were given a free breakfast which was very thoughtful. I have just had a knee operation so walking up 5 flights of stairs was not pleasant.

I also don't think the £15 car park fee is fair and should perhaps be included in the price. But beggars can't be choosers . Ok for over night stay and is a 3 star for a reason.

• Stayed June 2014
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you fr your review and I apologise that during your stay our lift was out of order. This has been repair and back in working order. Unfortunately the few car parking spaces we have are rented from the adjacent flat and we could not absorb this cost into our room rates. i hope you will come back to the hotel in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was booked on the day of our stay on a very sunny weekend in Brighton, so I think we were fortunate to find such a convenient place to stay. It's right on the sea front and not far from the NCP on Regency Square. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was what I was expecting (in fact, it wasn't until I walked to the room that I realised I have stayed in that exact room on my previous visit!), the breakfast was adequate. All in all, I have no complaints, it is what it is, it's not a cheap B&B and not a luxury large hotel. I would have no hesitation about staying here again. It's convenient for the pier, car parks and the sea front. I didn't have time to pre-book my parking so that cost me about £40 as I found a little place round the corner for £25 overnight, but had to move my car into the NCP before midday. I have previously used a pre-booked little car park round the corner, but I didn't have time to be that organised this time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MeesterBob
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I was pleased to read your review and that this was a second visit and you had the same room on both occasions. Great to read you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a nights stay. Upon arrival the reception staff were most friendly and helpful. We had arrived slightly early so they let us check in there and then. The room was fit for purpose although did look a little tired. White sheets which for me is a must! Could not fault the cleanliness and the bed was comfy. We had a sea view which was great. After a night out we returned to the hotel and were able to take a couple of drinks from the bar back to our room. Nice location and not far at all from the pier.

• Stayed June 2014
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review after your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the staff friendly and you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.