“Breakfast fit for a King”
Review of Kings Hotel

Kings Hotel
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Breakfast fit for a King”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Lovely heartwarming cooked breakfast with a seaview on a cold, crisp, sunny morning. Worth the stay just for the breakfast! Very traditional feel staying on the sea front surrounded by the regency buildings. We got a 'Pavilion Room' and was very spacious, modernised with new carpet, flat screen TV, power shower etc. Very comfortable stay in a good location for a quick overnight stay to visit relatives. Loved the mosaic inscription on the doorstep of 'Kings Hotel'.

Room Tip: Our room (123) at the side was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks for your review and I hope to see you again when you are visiting relatives in the area.

Iain Lindsay

Always book direct with the hotel on 01273 820854 - we guarantee that you will not find the same room type at a lower price anywhere else.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Hebrew first
Ipswich
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for the weekend on the 8th November as it was my birthday. We didn't want to pay a lot for a hotel but still wanted something that was clean, in a good location and also included breakfast. We were really pleased with our choice! The reception staff were brilliant. When we arrived we asked if we could park in the hotel car park but unfortunately there wasn't any room (its first come first serve at £15 per night). We were advised to park in a car park down the road which was a bit of a walk and £22 per night which was annoying but the receptionist said we could move our car the next day as people were going home and we wouldn't have to pay for the car park space for the rest of our stay (result!). The room we had was clean and in a good condition. Shower was powerful enough. It did tend to get a bit hot in the room due to the radiators being on a lot but we could open our window and I would prefer to be hot rather than cold so not really any complaint there. The breakfast was ample for me. A lot of people complained about them being tight on the breakfast but who wants a massive fry up everyday, not me. You could help yourself to as much bread as you wanted so I can't really see the problem! Yes the mushrooms were tinned but it's never claimed to be a 5 star hotel ! It was about 10min walk to the shops and bars but that didn't bother us as we didn't want to be right on top of them. There are plenty of taxi's and the walk was quite nice when it wasn't raining!!! The bar didn't really seem to have constant staffing it so that was a bit odd and not really sure what time it shut at nights. On the Friday night they served us till about 3am but then we got told off by the night porter for being loud and that guests had complained. All in all a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review and it was great to read you enjoyed your stay. I hope we will see you again in the near future when you are next looking for accommodation in Brighton.

Maidenhead, Berkshire
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked a room at the Kings Hotel for one night, specifying a single sea view on a low floor. On arrival I was told that there was only a double room available and that I had to pay an extra £10.00 and I was happy to do this. My room overlooked the beach and the pavilion, really lovely! There was no double glazing and you could not open any window or door and there was noise from the street and music from the bar but I felt the view made up for it.
The room was lovely, newly decorated, bathroom with all mod cons and I thought the staff was nice and helpful. Breakfast ... yummmmm! Salmon & scrambled eggs!
It was not too far to walk into town, I had a great time exploring the lanes, shopping is great.

Room Tip: Choose a Sea view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I believe you had made a request for a single room sea view however these are requests and subject to availability. I was pleased we managed to compromise and get you a sea view room for a little surcharge. Great that you enjoyed the view and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our booked hotel was so bad we had to find another and we ended up in the King's. Did not get the sea view but the beds were clean and even though the decor was tatty it was basically clean and the shower was powerful and hot even though it could not be held by hand.
The coffee was quite the best I have ever had in a hotel anywhere in the world (60 years of world wide travel including the chains - Hilton, Holiday Inn and Swiss).
The staff were efficient and friendly and the breakfast, I had the pancakes and fruit, was excellent.
Bit of a maze, the corridors are very narrow and the lift did not take us up to our floor.
The room had everything we needed for a one night stay but the guests were very noisy in the night and in the lounge during the late evening there was a bit of a pantomime with some eastern europeans.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage get a room that is served by a lift.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you moved to the Kings and had an enjoyable stay even though we could not accommodate your sea view. Hopefully the next stay you will be able to get a sea view and make your stay more enjoyable.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Me and my partner came for the night last Thursday. it was welcoming with a nice feel. we had a noisy couple in the room next door but when I called down to reception they came straight up apologised and moved us to a different and just as lovely room. the breakfast was nicely served and cooked perfectly by only criticism would be that because we took certain items off our breakfast they weren't replaced with anything else so we only had half a breakfast. very good otherwise. would return when were next staying in Brighton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I was pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you felt you only got half a breakfast and had you asked for replacement items they would have been available. I was pleased to read that you will return when next in Brighton.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A nice check in on a Friday Eve! we parked opposite as there were no parking spaces left. Our room was a double but I think it was a cupboard before as it was so small as was the double bed! Therefore after not much sleep we asked to move the next day and we were put in an enormous suite, fabulous and the kind reception manager helped us move our luggage.
Breakfast was ok, the traditional breakfast was ok although tinned mushrooms and none of it was very hot, nice plentiful tea and coffee.
A well positioned hotel and a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Don't have room 109 it's tiny. Room 102 is amazing!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that we managed to give you a complimentary upgrade on this occasion. Breakfast is cook to order and is fresh mushrooms. I apologize your breakfast was cold and if you had let the staff know your breakfast was cold they would have arranged a fresh breakfast for you. I hope you will consider the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Good location as on sea front, very pleasant staff but the evening entertainment wasn't exactly what I had in mind! A dispute between 4 people in the bar! One of which was a working lady.... Made you feel slightly unsafe and the staff didn't seem to bat an eyelid ! Very noisy during the night. Breakfast was good, but the value for money I question.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Samphill2013
Thank you for your review and I was disappointed to read about the noise and argument in the bar. I note you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I will discuss the bar issue with the team.

Iain Lindsay

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels